Thank you, Wyrd, for making me want to paint again - such lovelies.

iamfanboy

So I've been painting miniatures for a quarter century, some 80% of my actual conscious life experience, and for most of the last few years I've been mostly chore-painting.

Oh, I don't mind doing it, but I enjoy the finished product much more. Being able to reach into my tightly organized magnetic shelf of D&D minis and pull out a fully painted one for almost any situation, or having the only fully done Warmachine army locally, or having my Battletech stuff split up by clearly visible faction, was more important to me than the act of painting. There have been exceptions over the last few years (some Super Dungeon Explore heroes, a really great garage kit I'd been mooning over for a decade), but for the most part it's been just getting it done to HAVE it done.

Really struck home for me the last few months how little I've been enjoying the art itself; I've been repainting my X-Wing stuff to make it more individualized and doing a paid commission work of my friend's entire Zombicide collection. Nothing quite like churning out 16 zombies an hour or painting over an already painted mini to make you think, "Why am I doing this?"

And then last night I let myself paint Pandora's No Shelter Here.

Eight hours later, I look up at the clock and realize, "Ya know, I'd better clean up the living room, we're having guests over for New Years Dinner... but I'm almost done with Candy and the others only need sealant. Must... Finish The Job..."

Thank you, Wyrd. Your kits may be hard to put together, but the miniatures themselves are an inspiration to paint. I feel... happy.

Unfortunately, now the only one I have left to paint is a miner for my Arcanists! Must... buy... MORE! Let's see, Widow Weaver, Hans and Johan, M&SU, Hide and Seek, Teddy, Body of Evidence...

• Like 7

Yeah, my other game is Infinity, and while I enjoy the end result of a painted Infinity model, I never really enjoy the process of painting it. Some models I do, but overall it's a real slog painting them.

Whenever I sit down and paint a Malifaux model, I really enjoy the process of painting it as well as the end result. The models just have so much character that it's a lot of fun bringing them to life.

• Like 1

I have spent many years (and many money) drifting in and out of games and projects that either caught my eye or inspired me in one way or another...BUT...I can honestly say that Malifaux not only caught MY eye but also that of my girlfriend and the small mountain of models that we have already accumulated would have normally have worn down my enthusiasm by now...whereas this game and these models in particular never cease to inspire me...so time spent painting is something I really look forward to rather than see as a necessary chore