Hannah's (0) Make a New entry

CapnBloodbeard

Question

Query about how this one works.

So it reads:

Select one of the target's (1) ca Actions which does not list a model by name.  this model immediately takes that action, but may not declare triggers.  This Action may not target friendly leaders unless the target has the Freikorps characteristic.

It then has a trigger (the action has a built-in tome to autohit this one):

After succeeding, if the target has the Freikorps characteristic, any (0) Action may be selected instead, regardless of whether it is a ca Action

Does the target need to have a (1)Ca action in the first place?

To put it another way, most Freikorps have no Ca actions, but a (0) action Reference the Field Guide to add a suit to my totals for the rest of the activation.  Could I target that model, then use the trigger to take the (0) instead, even though the model never had a (1) Ca in the first place?

(Adding a suit would help Hannah hit the trigger on her attack to make the target perform a horror duel).

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Yes, you can target a model without any (1) Ca actions because you want to use the trigger instead.

It doesn't say you must target a model with a Ca action, just that you choose a Ca action belonging to the target. You're allowed to perform actions that won't have any effect (e.g. pushing an enemy model with Laugh Off, putting a condition on Lenny etc) provided the target is a valid target.

For further proof, Von Schill has no (1) Ca actions, so if you were unable to target a model without any, it would not need to specify that you can only target friendly leaders with the Freikorps characteristic, it would simply say you can't target friendly leaders at all.

It doesn't say "target a model with a (1) Ca" or some such so I don't see why you couldn't target anything regardless of what actions it has, nothing would happen though (apart from a WP test if you are into that kind of thing :P).

I also assume you are supposed to since Von Schill doesn't have any (1) Ca and he and Hannah were the only possible Freikorps Leaders when the model was made.

Edit: Ninjad...