Fatemaster triggers and suits

ScareJester

So I've held my third session of Through the Breach with three players, and we all love it. However, I've got a couple of questions that I can't easily figure out from the books, all revolving around combat and Fatemaster characters.

Say, my characters messed up horribly, and are faced with three Death Marshals. One of the Marshals wants to use the Pine Box on one of the Fated, but he needs a Crow to cast. Is the following the correct procedure?

1. Determine acting values (10 for the Death Marshal, Wp for Fated)
  2. Apply modifiers
  3. Make Fated flip, add flip to Wp
    1. If Crows and total < 10, Pine Box succeeds
    2. If not-Crows or total >= 10, Pine Box fails

Similarly, what if they are faced with an Executioner? If he wants to trigger Bloody Exhibition, he needs a Ram and a Crow. Does that trigger on the Flip that the Fated make (i.e. the Active Card)? Where does one of the suits come from, considering only one can come from the Active Card and none of its stats have a built-in suit.

Or is this all done via the Card points the Fatemaster gets by using the enemies?

Hopefully I've explained my problems clearly.

hi- I think from your description you've nailed pine box spot on, the card the fated flips is used for the suit, and it comes down to whether they get both the suit and a low number as to whether or not they get in the box. This makes special attacks like pine box very situational (especially as players can cheat non-negative defense flips to block the suit) but boxing fated would be a little boring for them anyway;) it also gives them something to do with those low fate cards in their hand, cheating a two of masks in means they'll fail the duel but avoid the box. 

For the executioner I don't believe card points could be used to pull off that trigger (as he is an enforcer he gets 2 card points, but these are used for discard abilities rather than to add suits. There aren't many situations where that trigger is going to kick off, so if I wanted to use it I would give the Enforcer one of the suits built in, this makes him a massive threat though so don't go overboard with it.