How to Enslaved Nephilim?

Beta

Hello there,

so everywhere I look people tell me how great and usefull the Enslaved Nephilim is.
I just don't get it...

Yes on my last game he did something usefull on turn 4 (because I remembered he was still alive)...but most of the time I forgett about him after turn 2.
He's slow...the pushing doesn't really work for me...and Influence...well I already rarely Obey with Perdita (I just can't find the right use case).

What do I fail to see? 

I don't exactly know what you fail to see, but I can highlight why I always thake him with my Perdita crew and if he was available to other crews I'd pretty much always thake him, reasons being:

• Only 3 points
  • Black Blood on something that's easy to kill will still do 'something'
  • Shackled is friendly model (not Family) and allows you to push UP TO 6" towards another friendly model (everything in 8", himself, Perdita, Austringers etc.).

Guild is known for being one of the slower factions and also being one of the factions (mostly) who isn't that scary in melee. It helps a lot if you also cover Page 43 of the Rulebook to know how important and how great the pushes are in Malifaux.

A push is not a normal move, and it does not count as a "move" for rules purposes. Pushes are not affected by severe terrain.

Which also means that a pushed model does not suffer from disengaging strikes.

His other two Attack Actions are not that relevant but a nice bonus. Everytime I thake him he becomes effective from turn 1 until my opponent kills him and they usually go for him as soon as possible because the multiple pushes allow Perdita or Frank to really hunt targets down or otherwise it thakes significant swarms to really keep them at their place. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JDAntoine said:

also being one of the factions (mostly) who isn't that scary in melee.

I protest, the Guild(mostly) is more scary in the melee then in the range. Cisco Dita scarier in melee, and there are no many models in the Guild who have melee attack worse then in melee, most of them is from family or guardsmen. So Enslaved Nephilim is a good support to get to the melee faster

12 minutes ago, icebreaker said:

I protest, the Guild(mostly) is more scary in the melee then in the range. Cisco Dita scarier in melee, and there are no many models in the Guild who have melee attack worse then in melee, most of them is from family or guardsmen. So Enslaved Nephilim is a good support to get to the melee faster

Well, I would say that for Dita the advantage remains to not be too long in melee at all. It's something that will happen anyway and I honestly believe your not playing her to her fullest advantages if your going full melee, instead I'd rather pick another Master if that's the plan. 
I think that the duo can be clogged up really fast due to several interactions such as El Mayor and Compagnion. This can certainly get some work done but is also a lot of power in one place which is much easier to ignore as say Dita's ranged game. 

But obviously it's crew dependant. However with the low SS Dita comes with herself I always find that her crews are relatively small (7 to 8 models) which in turn often forces you to spread out into good opponents, this in turn is where I like the pushes the most because most often some Scheme interraction is still required.

However that discussion is different from the Nephilim... I thake him because he enables all that manoeuvrability in the first place without discarding cards. 
What I like about him with Perdita, Austringers, Abuela (you name it) is that he allows these ranged models to have great threat ranges from turn 1 and on. This in turn allows us to spend all that fantastic AP in ranged attacks. The Enslaved Nephilim can certainly used for melee purposes aswell but I find that this way you more often will be required to push him along from turn 1 and nothing brings me more glee to push an Austringer and Dita to have my opponent sweat on the first and second turn allready. 

@JDAntoine: Thanks for your answer. I just wanted to answer you and argue that Black Blood won't do anything good if he can't keep up with the rest of the crew due to his low WK...but I'm feeling a bit stupid, that I never ever considered the fact, that he can push himself...
That changes so many things.

• Like 2

No worries, I went into my first game think he'd be the first model to cut once I'd have more models. Many in the Dita box where left at home but the Enslaved Nephilim really wasn't.

On paper the Enslaved Nephilim doesn't look that amazing and honestly his pushes are the prime reason as to why I include him still. The Totems found with Lady J and Sonnia are not really too interesting for their cost, because of that they often bring the Brutal Effigy. However some of our Totems are absolutely great, the Enslaved Nephilim is one of them :D .

PROTIP: Take Abuela. Use listen up youngun on the Nephilim. Have Nephilim use influence on a model too far away for Abuela to reach or on Abuela herself to get another 1AP action for a 0.

PROTIP: A real Enslaved Nephilim never takes a Walk Action! Shackle yourself in style!

Also you don't need line of sight to the model you shackle towards.