Unboxing Malifaux - 'Mysterious Emissary'

GMort

12 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Thanks for taking the time to put in all those photos as well as the assembly tips...really looking forward to picking this up soon

12 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

As always it is nice to see your articles.  Some of the models don't have enough good pictures for them for references so your stuff is always appreciated.

You're both welcome.

This one isn't as bad to assemble as you think when you first look at the vast array of bits on the sprue though there are a couple of awkward bits but I go through them in the article itself. The end result is well worth the effort.

• Like 1

Thanks GMort for the ongoing unboxings!
I appreciate that a lot, especially being able to see the models in plastic not just render, before buying.

One question:

Is it possible to assemble the Changlings and plants as single models? Well, one Changling is in a plant...but the rest? I was thinking of using the Changlings form the Emissary's base as 'alternative' Changelings and the plants for its Hungry Land markers.

3 hours ago, Treehouse said:

Thanks GMort for the ongoing unboxings!
I appreciate that a lot, especially being able to see the models in plastic not just render, before buying.

One question:

Is it possible to assemble the Changlings and plants as single models? Well, one Changling is in a plant...but the rest? I was thinking of using the Changlings form the Emissary's base as 'alternative' Changelings and the plants for its Hungry Land markers.

The one 'girl' sitting on the bases legs are part of the scenic base so you'd probably have to convert her to use separately or have her sunk into the ground (mud perhaps?).

The other plant with a girl emerging and the three plants basically just plug into slots in the base so could be attached to something different. None of these actually attach to the large central figure or are an integral part thereof. If you take a closer look at the instructions you'll see what I mean...

Mysterious+Emissary+-+Assembly+Instructi

18 hours ago, Treehouse said:

One question:

Nice idea on the alternate changelings and Hungry Land markers...and good to see the instructions....if you wanted to keep the legs of the changeling attached to the base it looks like it wouldn't be that difficult to simply chop out that part of the base with the legs on it and replace it with Greenstuff