Lynch and swampfiends?

Mutter

After starting the game with Lynch in Neverborn, I eventually switched him over to TT and sort of drifted away. Then I started playing Lilith and Pandora in Neverborn, and every so often I think of returning Mr. Lynch back into the fold.

So, after experimenting with Spawn Mother & Will-o-the-Wisps, and getting ready to introduce McTavish into my Lilith, Zoraida & Pandora crwes, I kept thinking about Lynch and the swampfiends. The gupps would love to leap on his aces, and McTavish's (0) would be a huge fan of various, aces, too.

So has anybody played with Lynch in a swampfiend-heavy list? What did you take? Do the card-advantages come close to the synergies other masters have to the 'fiends (Lilith & Zoraida)?

I've considered the Swamp Mother list with Lynch. 

The main thing to consider with Lynch, I find, is that he is not so much the piece on the board doing all the work and his ace in the hole is icing. Technically, if I never use the aces for a minion ability, I'm still getting use out of increasing my hand size and using them for mulligan hand crafting and defensive or this own suit discard for triggers. 

That said, I like the swamp fiend option for Lynch and may explore more with some proxies and a friend. Gupps work well with him alone, why wouldn't the mother? 

• 7 months later...

Threadomancy alert!  But I think that nothing substantial has changed to make the gap between posts relevant, so I'll continue.

I have tried an all-Swampfiend crew consisting of 2 Waldgeists, Spawn Mother (Hexed Among You), Bad Juju (Eternal Fiend), McTavish and a Will O' The Wisp.  At various times I've used it with Pandora and Lilith, who add different aspects to how the crew plays, but of relevance to this thread I played a tournament game last week using Jakob Lynch as the master (round three, link).  The crew is quite good for board control, and the threat of Bad Juju falling out of anything killed can really allow you to boss which pieces die and where.  In an ideal world, the victim will be a Gupp hatched from the Spawn Mother / Wisp combination.

Lynch in particular helps the crew in three main ways.  Firstly, he brings Hungering Darkness which itself enjoys the threat overload presented to last longer (you could try Rising Sun for more recursion, but I prefer Endless Hunger).  Secondly, collecting any aces gives a degree of control over McTavish's (0) action, plus the ace of Masks is particularly appreciated by any summoned Gupps.  Finally, Lynch often has little better to do with one of his AP than drop a scheme marker for McTavish to eat later.

The rest of the crew also benefit each other nicely.  The sheer amount of Perfect Camouflage can be an issue for some crews, and when combined with McTavish's Hunting Screen and Lay of the Land can be hard to dislodge.  I've had McTavish up to Sh10 on occasion simply because of the number of Swampfiends around to trigger My Loyal Scouts.

Edit: I played another game with the crew at a tournament: round two, link.

• Like 3