Who loves their Mah?

Somnicide

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

It requires a Crows, though, so it is pretty unreliable. I feel the Bounty's idea is more about mitigating the nasty Crows Triggers that a couple of models have.

Trixie can help with the movement allowing the Slop Hauler at least to keep up ;) 

(As a more serious suggestion, maybe you could use an Iron Skeeter?)

Yeah that's why I took bounty, and it came up twice.

I'm not a mah player (just tried her a couple of times) but these where a couple of idea which came out of my mind:

How about Gracie? In a crew that likes to have the alpha strike she can get to charge turn 1 (whit a little push by mah), reactivate, 2 attacks again, possibly all at +1 melee. Next turn just cheat initiative and finish off the target if not already dead, and it will sure require some heavy hitters from the enemy side since she's massive.

And how about the sow? She's really happy when it comes to alpha strike and getting to melee 6, without forgetting the :+fate she has builted in.

Just an idea, but both seems quite reliable for the crew idea :) 

• Like 2

You know, the more I'm playing her the better I'm finding she does when not alpha striking. She (and her crew) are excellent at shifting where the opponent wanted the fight to be. Between her pushes and Trixie's lures (along withMcTavish's own shenanigans) you can make some crazy shifts. I think Mancha would be great at this too, but I don't own him yet (the problem with owning Wong pre-box release).

The problem I've found with the alpha Strike is that most of the models available don't actually hit hard enough to be true alpha strikers, but when you gang several up on a couple of isolated models you can really do some solid bullying.

3 hours ago, Somnicide said:

You know, the more I'm playing her the better I'm finding she does when not alpha striking. She (and her crew) are excellent at shifting where the opponent wanted the fight to be. Between her pushes and Trixie's lures (along withMcTavish's own shenanigans) you can make some crazy shifts. I think Mancha would be great at this too, but I don't own him yet (the problem with owning Wong pre-box release).

The problem I've found with the alpha Strike is that most of the models available don't actually hit hard enough to be true alpha strikers, but when you gang several up on a couple of isolated models you can really do some solid bullying.

I agree, I tend to play her more reactionary, but still very aggressively.  Typically I'll have 2 big models with her, and they run to wherever they need to be, but I don't try to get there before I know what my opponent is doing.  I'll keep an eye on key targets and head in.  I've used her (1) Charge to hit something I know I can kill in a charge, so I have the AP to charge something else.  She usually has Mancha with her, so I can attempt to keep him charging alongside her double charge distance, and the Whiskey Golem has nimble to help him keep up with her as well.  Being able to cover that much ground with the big Melee whompers means they don't have to be perfectly positioned, and can hit targets as they come up.

• Like 2