New Lilith player, any need for a second master?

Loftybloke

Hi Guys

I've been playing lady Justice since I started playing M2e at the beginning of the year, and I play Sonnia as well now that I am familiar with the game rules.

I fancied a change from the guild and their direct approach to the game and after listening to the schemes and stones podcast for Lilith, I ended up buying the below, some that I like the look of, some as advised in the podcast :)

Lilith box

Nekima

Nephilim box

Mr Graves

Doppleganger

Primordial magic

Johan

Mysterious effigy

Waldgeists

I was just wondering if Lilith is weak enough at some schemes/strats (my friends and I only use the standard schemes, and haven't started learning gaining grounds yet) to warrant a second master for choice? If so, could you please recommend one that would play nice with the models I already have? I suspect Zoraida will be mentioned as Silurids are good for both I think...

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Honestly her crew will be the thing that changes based on schemes and strats, if you like lilith, she's a good generalist. There are masters that are more specialized that have better match ups but for the most part lilith will do fine.

The big reason to play more than lilith is that your opponent can start bringing specialized crews if they know you always play one master.

For a second master for neverborn, you can almost never go wrong adding Lynch. He's a casting beater, and card manipulator. Plus he comes with Neverborn's all-star minions The Illuminated.

I like Pandora, another caster beater but more focused on will power duels plus you can take her control and she works with almost any model set in neverborn though more Wp duals would be better. She likes Barbaros, Nekima, and Mature Nephilims.

As for her box:

Candy is good if you need to add a medic or a control model but is really better as acontrol or mini Pandora.

Kade is interesting as he is more about teamwork to get his damage done and he has a lure, not a good one but still one.

Sorrow are always a good option if your hitting Wp and they can be control models with paralyze and misery loves company. I also have used them as deceptive scheme runners especially for things like distract.

To grow her out you can pick up the twins, Lelu and Lilitu which are both Nephilim as well and are solid in there roles. Lelu is a missile and Lilitu is a lure with a 4 inch :melee attack.

Silurids and gupps are great all round models, especially for marker heavy schemes. The mysterious effigy is also a good addition as it's a hardy little minion that gives Lillith a little extra protection just in case. Apart from these you appear to have a good crew to start off.