Shenlong, Why burn himself?

Merellin

So, I was looking at the various masters on the Wyrd website and noticed something that confuses me on Shenlong... He can give himself Poison+1 and Burning+1.. Why? I saw that he dosent take damage from them and can chose to not have them lower or end, But.. Why would you want to give them to yourself anyway..?

It's cause he obteins benefits from those conditions through his upgrades.

Fermented River Style makes him treat any :-fate as :+fate (and viceversa) if he has poison on him. High River Style allows him to suffer damage to increase any total duel equally to the damage taken (up to three) if he has Burning.

Also both upgrades grant him actions, which benefit from those conditions (For example, lowering the burning on Shenlong to pass it to the target)

Low and Wandering River Style upgrades works similarly, but with defensive and focus.

• Like 2

Burning and Poison are absolutely necessary to turn Shen from a support master to an aggressive master. Its all part of the package that is Shen, being adaptable and going with the flow of the game. I do use the High River Style much more than the Fermented Style, but its super awesome when you go up against anything with impossible to wound like Teddies or Titania. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 9:47 AM, Gennosuke said:

It's cause he obteins benefits from those conditions through his upgrades.

Fermented River Style makes him treat any :-fate as :+fate (and viceversa) if he has poison on him. High River Style allows him to suffer damage to increase any total duel equally to the damage taken (up to three) if he has Burning.

Also both upgrades grant him actions, which benefit from those conditions (For example, lowering the burning on Shenlong to pass it to the target)

Low and Wandering River Style upgrades works similarly, but with defensive and focus.

The poison is also useful for the action it gives, which forces all enemies in range to take a TN duel or receive :-fate to all duels and you can up the TN of that duel with your poison. Similarly, the action given by High River Style allows you to transfer burning over to the target.