Gremlins in Malifaux

soul

I've done a bit of digging and admittedly haven't finished reading all the relevant sourcebooks but my group is looking to start playing TTB and I am curious about how accepted gremlins are. The Into the Bayou book talks about them in Edgepoint which is helpful but what about in Malifaux itself? Would they be let near the city? I imagine definitely not into the wealthier areas of the city but what about somewhere like the lower downtown? Also curious about other areas (thinking a gremlin PC in Defense of Innocence, Northern Aggression).

Regardless of being allowed to be in these areas I would suspect that the 2 scrip reward would make being a gremlin anywhere tough - is that enough money in world to motivate people to actually hunt down gremlins or be motivated to attack them in a city or town?

Is there somewhere I could just look this up?

Well Som'er and the Brew Master enter the city for a game of Bullet against VonSchill. And many Gremlin's are described as being in close proximity to Humans, Sparks being a notable recent example. The Into The Bayou book even mentions one Gremlin Family which routinely works, trades, and lives in close proximity with Humans.

I would assume that Gremlin's in Malifaux City are treated as second class citizens and utilized for domestic, dirty, or dangerous work. In regards to the 2 Script Bounty hindering a Gremlin Fated traveling abroad, I would say it depends on the local feelings of the community. In the communities of Northern Aggression, Gremlin's are probably much less of a nuisance than in communities closer to the Bayou.

2 scrip is a fair amount, but not worth getting killed over if the gremlin looks like he can handle himself. In one book Wong goes for a wander to a wrestling match with his lightning bugs, and whilst he gets a raised eyebrow or two (and thats probably the hat abd moustache) it doesn't seem like a huge problem to anybody.