What would you take

Voodoo Specter

Hi guys

I have a game coming up and wanted to know what the community would take in my situation. I have a prety extensive Gremlin selection and my group is fine with proxies so assume I have access to everything.  

It's a 50ss game and the scenario is

Flank Deployment

Turf War

A line in the sand, Distract, Protect Territory, Frame for Murder, Plant Evidence.

My opponent has declared Neverborn 

I have a few ideas but want to see what the general consensus is in case I'm missing anything.

Thanks for your help

Hrmmmm. Neverborn throws a slight spanner in the works because pigs aren't known for their high Wp, but I would probably do a core of something like this:

• Ulix + Husbandry, Dirty Cheater, possibly Liquid Bravery
  • Old Major + Corn Husks
  • Sammy + Hunting Bow
  • Slop Hauler
  • 1 Piglet
  • Merris

and I know that's a pretty big core, but your schemes are Distract (piglets are incredible at Distract/Cursed Object) and Plant Evidence (revealed).

Turn 1, Merris drops two scheme markers and the piglet drops one as a (0), so you've got yourself a War Pig summon, and you summon two more Piglets. As soon as your opponent has moved into position for Turf War (probably end of turn 2), Merris flies to a safe position on their side of the board and starts working on Plant Evidence.

Your strategy plan is to keep Ulix and your support core back a little and pump out piggies every turn to just swarm the Turf War and make sure that you have 2+ models in range each turn. Your piglets aren't trying to kill their targets, they're just trying to survive to hand out Distract and prevent your opponent from removing it.

Sammy has two different roles: she sends your War Pig and any other pig beaters you choose to bring (Gracie, The Sow) charging into the Turf War and disrupting your opponent. The other is to shut down and kill scheme runners. Vs Neverborn you're probably going to see Terror Tots trying to get onto your half of the board for Plant Evidence, so she's there to kill 'em with the Hunting Bow or Jynx. They have Sprint which is annoying, but vs other runners you can also use her Jynx to prevent them from talking Walks and screw them over that way. When she doesn't have to do either of these things, Jynx enemies in the Turf War to deny triggers, or drain cards with Horror Duels.

Old Major is a really important piece here - Corn Husks will help you deny ALitS, Plant Evidence and Protect Territory, so keep him alive.

Normally I'd have included Penelope in the core to push piggies around and keep them in the Turf War bubble, but vs Neverborn with their saturation of Wp stuff, Old Cranky might be a good pick to shore up your piglet Wp, plus him combined with Sammy will let you cycle a couple of bad cards a turn so your fairly card intensive summoning can be a bit more reliable.

For the rest of your stones, Gracie or The Sow are both good picks to put some pressure on your opponent while you get those piggies on the table. Otherwise just fill up on Just Good models like maybe a second Slop Hauler, Lightning Bugs, Burt Jebsen, etc.

Wong with A Gremlin's Luck and Explosive Solutions

Mancha Roja with Stilts

Gracie with Saddle

Slop Hauler

Sammy Lacroix with OOO Glowy

2 Lightning Bugs

Cache of 5

The idea with this crew would be is that I would put Glowy on Mancha Roja and use Gracie to saddle him and easily position him for a first turn charge, most likely due to rebound to gain a 12" charge. He would of course have frame for murder so that my opponent would have to be really clever and finish him off with a condition or bury him for most of the game, or he will have to kill him and give me points.

The other scheme I would take is distract and have the 2 Lightning Bugs start to throw that out to earn some points off of.

Gracie and Sammy I would be trying to keep alive with the Slop Hauler so they can keep maintaining the Turf War score each turn.

Wong himself I would try to maintain flexibility with as he moves around and tries to blast groupings of enemy models. Also Explosive Solutions has a really nice trigger it gives you that pushes everyone you damage 4" in any direction. So if you save Wong to activate last you might be able to knock the opposing models out of the turf war area.

Other then that I would choose this crew against Neverborn because they have a solid willpower for Gremlins and Mancha Roja can make himself immune to paralyze if you are charging a horrifying model.

Also why I wouldn't take the schemes ALITS, Protect Territory, or Plant Evidence is it is always to difficult to gauge how long your Gremlin models will survive and in my opinion it is better to try to score as you go rather then hope you will be there at the end of turn 5 to score the points.