Crossroads 7

I spent some time today putting the Crossroads 7 set together, and it was a fantastic experience.

We give wyrd a lot of crap (some of it deserved) for bad sprues and tricky-to-build models, but if this set is anything to go by they are making massive strides in the right direction. Technically speaking every model is well executed, the pieces fit together beautifully and everything has an obvious place (okay, the woes chewing on Wrath were a bit tricky, but not too bad) and artistically the models were expressive, dynamic, and full of fun detail.

I'm trying not to fanboy, but this was a seriously great set.

• Like 3

I found it similar, actually. When I put the set together I actually felt it was a challenge on a few pieces, but not frustratingly challenging. And the models look great, so I definitely think there is worthwhile payoff for them. I did think when attaching Lust's violin that it was a set I would happily build again, knowing that it presented a really nice balance of work to reward. 

Gluttony is the only piece I'm not a fan of aesthetically, he just feels really out of place with the set an the over-inflated lips/heavy forehead/voodoo paraphernalia make him look like he's straight out of an old Tintin comic.

Other than that, I can't wait to get paint on these models. Greed and Envy are both awesome looking, Lust and Pride are really fun, even Wrath (who I expected to be boring) actually looks really great with the spirits all around him.