Malifaux 5 Week Slow Grow League, Manchester, NH May 24th - June 21st 2016

PeregrineFalcon

Event Timing: May 24th - June 21st, 2016

Location: Anywhere in Southern NH area (preferably Milly's Tavern or Adler Hobby but wherever/whenever you want)

If you have any question feel free to contact Adam H. (Twitter: @PFalcon83) or reply to this thread

Sign-ups are located here: Malifaux Slow-Grow League Sign-Ups

We will be running a Malifaux Slow-Grow league in the Manchester, New Hampshire area.

We will be using these rules. The league will run for 5 weeks. League nights are TUESDAYS. Bonus for playing games on league nights at either Milly's Tavern or Adler Hobbies. See the slow grow league rules linked above.

Prizes for:

• 1st, 2nd, 3rd place based on LP/DIFF/VP (LP = League Points, DIFF = Differential, VP = Victory Points) (WIN=3LP, LOSS=0LP, DRAW=1LP)
  • Most Hobby Achievement Points (AP) earned (see Wyrd Slow Grow rules). This is a painting and hobby focused prize, so get your paints ready!
  • Most League Achievement Points (AP) earned (see Wyrd Slow Grow rules) (+2AP for a game played on Tuesday at Milly's or Adler Hobby, +1AP for game played at Adler on non-Tuesday)

Changes to rules are:

• Up to 3 League Games a Week will count but they must be against opponents you haven't played that week
  • Games can be played anywhere and not just on Tuesdays to earn AP
    • NOTE: +2AP for a game played on Tuesday at Milly's or Adler Hobby, +1AP for game played at Adler on non-Tuesday
  • League weeks start 12AM every Tuesday
  • Play at least 2 different opponents
  • Play at least 4 games
  • Record games and my achievements on the Google Form located here (http://goo.gl/forms/KRt5cR50sq)
  • Top 2 players will be paired to play on the final Tuesday at a location agreed by both players (suggesting Milly's or Adler, but anywhere is fine)

Soulstone Weekly Schedule:

• Week 1: 35ss
  • Week 2: 40ss
  • Week 3: 45ss
  • Week 4: 50ss
  • Week 5: 50ss

Venue Considerations:

• Supporting local gaming venues is important. If you wish to play at Milly's we recommend buying food / drinks there to support the gaming space. We also want to support our FLGS so if you plan to play at Adler's Hobby remember there is a $8 fee per visit. However, it is best to buy a 5 day pass which costs $25 to save some cash. Each visit with your pass includes a free beverage.

F9-WKlbNoTznaixdNZcsQGIx-CZ-52YKl__d_4VY

League Sign-Up Form:

Once the league begins players will be able to submit results using (please bookmark for later):

Game or AP Results Form Submission:

We're currently at 5 registered. Depending on how many players we get pre-registered we will get the appropriate sized Wyrd Event Kit....so if we want access to foil cards that means 16 players should be a goal, but hey 32 for a league would be nice too :)

Oh and if any other stores want to join in they are more than welcome to get added to the list. Comic Store in Nashua or anything in Concord, NH area.

• 3 weeks later...

Great kick-off to the league last night everyone. We had 6 players at Adler Hobbies.

Next week (5/31) I plan to be at Milly's Tavern for games.

Remember you can play games any where/time so feel free to coordinate with others on the email chain, or here on this post!

Please submit results and give me any feedback on the submission form. You can do so either via our email chain or here on this post!

Game results AND Achievement Points submission form
Some notes on the submission form: 

• Both players should submit so I can verify scores
  • The form includes optional fields to submit achievement sheet points (I recommend doing this once a week)
  • I will keep the results updated as best as possible and post it on the forum. This will allow for each player to verify his/her scores/standings/results

Hope everyone had a good time. I know I did, playing 35ss was actually a lot more fun than I expected!

Welcome to Week 2 Mali-maniacs! Here are the standings after week 1, please confirm your scoring. If people played games versus the same player I took the 'best' of the two games for player as the 'qualifying' game for the week. Also these are NOT sorted in any order right now. I'll do 'standings' in a week or so.

Remember max 3 games per week (all must be against different opponents to count). 

WF0LlQogSraCT10lDIU8Sg3mGwwGy6gmn1fBmdXZ

I WILL BE AT MILLY'S TAVERN TODAY. I'll be arriving around 4pm and looking for games. Reminder this week we move on to 40ss games. Hope everyone is getting some painting progress done and enjoyed the long weekend. Happy Memorial Day.

See those who can make it out to Milly's today. I can flip strats and schemes for people to plan for if that helps.

NOTE: For those playing on the weekends, feel free to use this thread, the New England FB, or the email chain to coordinate time/location for next weekends games. I know various people have more availability on the weekend.

Welcome to Week 3 Faux players. Here are the standings after week 2, please confirm your scoring per usual. If people played games versus the same player I took the 'best' of the two games for player as the 'qualifying' game for the week. Also these are NOT sorted in any order right now. I'll do 'standings' next week.

Remember max 3 games per week (all must be against different opponents to count). 

2qfnxGY23Mzk_JFKawGHXKSyt7WBmXaHymewEYbw

I'll be at Milly's again today at 4pm. Will be doing a demo but have terrain for people to use. This week we move on to 45ss games! Note the AP scoring thus far, we're a little light on the Hobby side everyone! Let's get on it.

NOTE: For those playing on the weekends, feel free to use this thread, the New England FB, or the email chain to coordinate time/location for next weekends games. I know various people have more availability on the weekend.

Welcome to Week 4 Faux players. Here are the standings after week 3, please confirm your scoring per usual. I am also providing current standings for prizes. Reminder: To be eligible at the end for prizes you need to have played at least 4 games. Two weeks left so lets get those games in!

All participants will get a guilder regardless (as long as you've played 1 game).

This week the following changes will be made to entice people to play more (this scoring increased AP scoring is only in effect for games played during this week (week 4)):

• All League Day AP earned is worth double (you must submit accounting for this, so when submitting only double the League Day final tally)
  • I'm adding a new Achievement to this week as part of the League Day score sheet. Its called "A New Mission": Play Strategies and Schemes from the GG2016 document (worth 1AP, but this week its worth 2AP); this can only be scored once this week
  • The Revelation Achievement on the League Day score sheet is now worth 3 AP (i.e. 6 AP for this week). Yes this goes against the standard rules of gg2016 but hey its an Achievement for fun after all

We'll be at Milly's again tomorrow (6/14) at 4pm. This week we move on up to full 50ss games! Note the AP scoring thus far, we're a little light on the Hobby side everyone! Let's get on it.

NOTE: For those playing on the weekends, feel free to use this thread, the New England FB, or the email chain to coordinate time/location for next weekends games. I know various people have more availability on the weekend.

...and the standings (if you see errors let me know)

qKW2CmR752tW68CTji235uFqOPiGnf_AMsPDBLiG

RD7y2q4o_FjLCvXDDauLpYra0Czkkn0qaUnew4rZ

yRhPjeZO2Vl6u7jQpPrUBYCEEvKkNALQQEQQJmIw

Welcome to the FINAL Week (5) Faux players. Here are the standings after week 4, please confirm your scoring per usual. I am also providing current standings for prizes. Reminder: To be eligible at the end for prizes you need to have played at least 4 games. This is the last week, so play some games.

The person who plays the most different opponents this week will earn 3 extra AP, second most different opponents earns 1 extra AP. Your best three games (against different opponents) will be counted for LP/DIFF/VP as it has for the entirety of the league. However, you can earn more AP by playing more games. The reason for this is to promote people get those last few games in in case you missed a few weeks!

All participants will get a guilder regardless (as long as you've played 1 game). Next week I will do a 'Finals night', I'd appreciate everyone who can to show up and I'll be giving out prizes.

During the final week the following changes will stay in effect and note a new Achievement additional to the one noted above.  (NOTE: The scoring 2xAP scoring is no longer in effect, but if you have games from week 4 to report those can be reported with 2xAP):

• The Achievement I introduced last week, "A New Mission" is still viable as part of the League Day score sheet. As a reminder, "A New Mission": Play Strategies and Schemes from the GG2016 document (worth 1AP); this can only be scored once this week
  • The Revelation Achievement on the League Day score sheet is still worth 3 AP. Yes this goes against the standard rules of gg2016 but hey its an Achievement for fun after all
  • Adding a new Achievement to the Overall Achievements (i.e. Once per league) sheet, "Making New Friends": Play 4 different opponents in a single week; can be completed once, worth 5 AP.

We'll be at Milly's again today (6/21) at 4pm. This week is again 50ss games! Note the AP scoring thus far, we're a little light on the Hobby side everyone! Let's get on it.

Standings as of posting this:

BsABXqT_XPI4RlLTeT3TIStAgEBnCHrowhjjFax3

k-SMr6DfV2GAjyVHjHG8z6Q8M_nTW_fLmYmnxuOy

Sn68wiuiHgFOg8iRluQMzJap0qD1WBqZXmqkG4Et

Final Standings are below. However, For LP/DIFF/VP, I am having Blake and Matt play a final game to determine winner. While I am in second I had 1 extra game and as the organizer I don't want to get a prize. So 3rd will be Rich but 1st and 2nd will be decided between Matt and Blake at a game hopefully this week, winner takes all.

Rich has taken most Hobby and most League AP, Congratulations, it was close. 

1st will have a choice of a foil card (Mah Tucket, Lilith, C. Hoffman) and earn 5 scrip

2nd will earn 1 scrip and a small mystery box

3rd will earn a small mystery box

Most Hobby earns a set of tokens and 1 scrip

Most overall League earns a large box and 1 scrip

Everyone who played at least 1 game has earned 1 scrip (please let me know how you want to receive it). Those eligible for 1 scrip are Corbin, Mike C, Mike D, Blake, Matt S, Dan, Rich, Mike S.

rOsrts96CwACI9E73Wyofw4GUG1U3GdPqSLigS6s

A3mGUQHPyRUbbi3Jt9hw-e_oLNOnECeE0q2XRkWd

vbBdQYb7CCsaVrNv28FJVX6WsJw7IXiBagdA35IS