What is your favorite recipe for skin tones?

Hello all, 

Painting people is a big part of malifaux as almost everyone in it is humanoid in some fashion. I have a hard time coming up with a set of colors for painting skin tones that I like and was hoping to glean ideas off of you fine folks. So could you please tell me what your favorite Recipes for painting skin tones are?

Depends entirely on the model. Even people of the same ethnicity have a range of skin colours so I personally don't think having a set recipe for everyone is a good idea. 

I have a couple of skin/flesh named paints that I supplement with various browns and off-white that I mix for skin, then use a standard base/shadow/highlight technique. I do admit to being rather lazy and painting the skin of models from the same box the same more often than not, but the next box will invariably get at least a little different formula.

I try to keep my skin tones a bit varied between my models depending on what their job is (my Rail Workers have a good tan going, the Performers less so) but I use a mix of the P3 paints Bloodtracker Brown and Morrow White (though I'm also now trying ones that are a bit pinker for more variety of skin tones), with a wash of Citadel Seraphim Sepia.

Starting out in other games with way more models on the field I used to just do my models totally in white and then slap a layer of Seraphim Sepia on, but I'm finding more and more that adding variety on a model-by-model basis makes it all look so much better :)