Working on a crew-creation app for mobile

Hey 

Some time ago I wanted to have an actual app on my phone that would help with crew building and stuff... Since The Breach was discontinued and I couldn't find anything else for the iOS (and right now TB have been taken off the App Store anyway), I decided to give it a go and create such an app for myself, my son (and, later, probably someone else - after all it's just a hobby tool that I wouldn't mind if someone else used it). 

There's an Android app that's in beta stage and I've been using it for a bit, but still, I miss it on the iPhone (I plan to release for both Android and iOS, maybe Windows phone as well if I figure out how their Store works, or if it can be distributed without it...). And I plan to add any features that I missed in Malifaux Companion. 

I don't plan to make it into anything like cards replacement, I don't plan to abuse Wyrd's IP in the app - in fact all the information that would be stored in the app would be: list of models names, their costs, station and their keywords (like - living, beast, guardsman) and any special rules about hiring crew (like - Marcus can take any beast...). So I hope not to anger the Legal Rapid Response Team. 

My creation is in the alpha stage right now, it needs tons of UI improvements as well as some additional tweaks to how the data is stored (aaaand putting in the data from Shifting Loyalties book too... hate that part). 

So this thread is kind of an early announcement and, also, I hope that if there are any objections in that matter from Wyrd that could be resolved, they get resolved in a peaceful manner ;)

• Like 5

So yeah, I've been working a bit more on this idea... and if anyone would like to volunteer to take part in the early testing (pre-beta version I'd say), I would need something like 5-10 volunteers for Android and iOS testing. So if you're interested please send me a message. I should be able to start rolling out some test versions some day next week... 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...