Terror Imouto

Akodo Harid

So I ran my first game of Through the Breach last night (first in person at least) and one player wanted to use the Mage pursuit to create a gun mage able to create enchanted bullets on the fly. She chose the Terror Imouto to start and I'm finding that a WP 6 duel is really rather low. Now granted the players can toss their low cards at it to ensure that the villains fail it...I can't help but wonder if it's still too low.

Would it unbalance things to increase the minimum to 9?

For point of Reference, I decided to set the TN to require a 3:tome or better to simply enchant bullets and then she has to fire it normally to actually get the effect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

So I ran my first game of Through the Breach last night (first in person at least) and one player wanted to use the Mage pursuit to create a gun mage able to create enchanted bullets on the fly. She chose the Terror Imouto to start and I'm finding that a WP 6 duel is really rather low. Now granted the players can toss their low cards at it to ensure that the villains fail it...I can't help but wonder if it's still too low.

Would it unbalance things to increase the minimum to 9?

For point of Reference, I decided to set the TN to require a 3:tome or better to simply enchant bullets and then she has to fire it normally to actually get the effect.

The TN of the Horror Duel caused by the Terror Immuto is only 6, but it can be increased by taking the Immuto multiple times, increasing the resulting Horror duel TN by +1 per additional addition.

Since Fated use half the Terror value as a bonus to a flip when they generate Horror Duels (pg. 219), you would be increasing that bonus from +3 (half of 6) to +5 (half of 9, rounded up).

So, is a grant total of +2 all that ground-breaking? Probably not, though the chance to Paralyze an enemy for a small increase of +1 TN to a spell can potentially swing fights in the Fated's favor pretty easily, especially if you focus more upon fights against one or two really good enemies instead of larger groups. That being said, however, I think you'll probably be fine, especially with needing a successful attack flip to actually hit with the enchanted bullet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

I...didn't realize that's how it works. Thank you so much for the explanation.

So with the in book explanation, the player would make a flip with an AV of 3 vs Willpower + Rank bonus. If that's correct then it's really not as weak as I thought.

That is correct!