Line of sight casting action question.

ShadowAngel

Question

This came up in a game today with my wife, and while I have a good grasp on the rules in general and had an instant reply when she asked, it's one of those things that has nagged at me since and i'm not 100% sure I was correct. Dance Partner reads:

(1) Dance Partner (Ca 5t / TN: 9M / Rg: 14): Place this model in base contact with target friendly Showgirl. 

Is line of sight required for this to happen? She was trying to teleport her Coryphee to Cassandra, while her Coryphee was on the opposite side of a building with no LoS. As most things require line of sight unless they expressly say they do not, I assumed that wasn't a valid move... but got to reading her cards and suddenly wasn't so sure after reading Colette's Disappearing act, which is a VERY similar action but specifies it needs Line of Sight.

(1) Disappearing Act (Ca 7t / TN: 12t / Rg: 3): Place target friendly Minion or Showgirl into base contact with a friendly Scheme Marker within 14” and LoS, then discard that Scheme Marker. Models placed in this way may not take Interact Actions for the rest of the Turn.

So was I right? Or did I make a bad assumption? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

You were correct, when specifying a target you must have LoS unless it states otherwise.  BRB page 37, 4th paragraph of declare action and spend AP, so yes, when using Dance Partner you must have LoS to the model you are placing in base contact with.

The reason disappearing act specifies LoS for the scheme marker is because the scheme marker is not the target of the spell, it is just something the spell interacts with, and so is setting the conditions for what scheme markers can be used.