TTB first approach

Marlon_di_Rodean

I would say the game is very easy to learn and teach. It is fairly light on mechanics (not necessarily a bad thing) and the card mechanic is much simpler than Malifaux.

As far as a starting scenario, perhaps start them Earth side and move them across the breach so you can really build the world and wonder (especially if the players aren't familiar with Malifaux). It can also be a great method for indenturing the players to one of the major factions (Guild or MS&U) early and building the tension (little fish in the big ocean style). I may have a shell for this exact thing, though it may take me a bit to dig out as my laptop recently took a dump.

My biggest advice though is to really build the story side of the game vice emphasizing combat. In my opinion the former is really where the system shines and the latter where it falters (this may become less of an issue as future supliments are released). TtB is not the Malifaux TTG, if your players come looking for that experience they will likely find the game much less enjoyable.

As Omenbringer said, it may be best to make combat a smaller part of your narrative compared to games like DnD.  Also, if your players aren't familiar with the Malifaux-verse, then having them start as newbies from Earthside is a good way to avoid, "Does my character know about this?" sorts of questions.  It will also let you play up the horror of the unknown.

For my own players I introduced the various parts of Malifaux by sending them on a wild goose chase along the rail system.  They seemed to enjoy it, and it let me play with a wide variety of landscapes and antagonists.