TTB Quickstart Guide

Scott Beattie

I wonder if there isn't a space for a quickstart guide, something like the Star Wars roleplaying games have or like the Malifaux one?    One of the biggest barriers I've found to introducing players is the need for a short snappy guide to using skills, combat and magic, and a reference guide so they don't have to keep asking questions.   All the character generation stuff, equipment lists, spell lists are fine where they are, but something short, maybe 20 pages or so, would be a great help.   The rules are quite straightforward once you grasp them but the explanations in the Fated book are ... obtuse and very very wordy.    If this was an update-able pdf it could also be a spot for an index of skills, pursuits, etc as more books come out.

I had a look at Chronicles 14 and there wasn't a guide there and Recruitment Drive just has the scenario (at least in my version).

It might be a good community project to work on, or at least develop some specs for what a guide would need to have in it.  Top of my list is "how TTB magic is different to other other games you might have played" - which seems to create a lot of traffic on the forums.