Mah Tucket set

Popsical

Mah is really a fun master. She is a Melee beater combined with a positional support master, she can charge around and if everything goes to plan, get 4 attacks per turn with a melee stat of 8, but she also buffs her entire crew with a specific effect based on what you got for initiative, and can push models around, both friendly and enemy. She can play fairly straightforward, but there are also some nice tricks and nuances to her to learn so you shouldn't get bored quickly.

The Little Lass is like a mini version of Mah. She runs up and hits things and can be surprisingly dangerous and hard to kill for such a cheap model.

Trixiebelle is one of the most popular gremlin models. She's good at a lot of things, including achieving objectives, but the really nice thing is that she lets you cheat your initiative flip. This not only lets you go first when you really need to, but it also lets you choose which buff you want Mah to give your crew that turn.

The Bayou Bushwhackers don't get much love, unfortunately. I think they're perfectly good snipers who can hold their own in melee and any model with a fake bird hat gets my approval.

The downside of Mah's box is that she likes having a melee crew, but the bushwhackers are mostly ranged. If you're starting out it's not really a big deal, and Gremlins in general tend to be a very shooty faction, so it will be good to learn some general shooting tactics with some of your first models for if (when!) you decide to expand to the other Gremlins.

The wonderful thing about Gremlins is that pretty much everything in faction works at least decently with everything else, so you can sort of just get what you like the look of and will probably be just fine. However, some recommendations for Mah:

Slop Haulers - these are wonderful and most Gremlin players run at least one per game. They can heal four models in your crew per activation. Most other healers in the game can heal one or two models per activation. They also have a pretty good offensive capability too, and can hold their own in melee, so can fill in as offensive models early before you have more models to choose from.

Burt Jebsen - He's a travelling Gremlin junk salesman with a scary gun and a scarier knife. He is a nice model who makes for a strong melee presence to accompany Mah on her killing spree. Him and a box of slop haulers would give you a solid support to Mah's box without much extra expense.

Mah is a lot of fun. She is often seen as a premier melee beater but I think that she is more about positioning, being a threat and all in all making life difficult for the opponent. All in all I consider her very fun to play and perhaps the most fun melee-focused Master in the game.

The sad part in her box is the Bushwhackers. They aren't horrible per se, but they have a strong anti-synergy with Mah. Mah needs to discard cards for several of her abilities and so do Bushwhackers. Also, as Dogmantra said, they are ranged models with a Master who buffs melee. Using more than one with Mah is very ill-advised IMO.

So yeah, Slop Haulers are a very good addition as is Burt Jebsen (he is arguably one of the best melee beaters in the game, in fact). I also really like the Hog Whisperer and the Piglet he comes with. The Whisperer is surprisingly competent in melee and a Piglet allows for fun movement tricks and combos nicely with Trixiebelle.

2 hours ago, Popsical said:

Thanks guys. I really like the gremlin aesthetic, they look so fun. I look forward to having a blast with the little buggers.

Ps. Ive seen an utterly fantastic gremlin on a wheel, which is a future release, how long must we wait for this great model?

No one knows. My guess is that it would be available during Gencon (from the Wyrd webstore as well as from the convention) and then released next autumn but this is just pure guesswork.