scion of the void help

izikial

hi, I'm looking to proxi scion of the void next game and I'm after some tips, running her with Tara but open to help with other crews too.

I have some questions

1. What role dose she preform

2. Do you always hire a healer (possibly wretch) to keep her alive

3. What upgrades do you take on her

thank you

Lately I've been using the scion as a henchman taxi.  Have Tara give Taylor or Aious fast and bury them.  Move the scion up for the unbury.  No damage done.  The scion is also good for clearing the deck for Karina if you're able to summon more Horrors.  

Usually take at least one wretch with Tara.  For healing both the scion and any buried Horrors.  

I don't recall ever putting an upgrade on the scion.  I like putting I pay better on my henchman and that won't work if the scion is in the ground.

3 hours ago, izikial said:

I was thinking survivalist to double heal flips, i have looked at Taylor and aionus but they seem expensive combos for what you get.

so do you not often steal the scions attacks ?

I believe Survivalist is Leader only, so if you are running a master the Scion can't take it.

I like Scramble on the Scion, it is expensive but the scion makes great use of it as it also affects the scion's blink 0 action.

it I leader only :( I'm not sure, I can see her working with death marshals, possibly aionus (although 20ss for a mediocre combo is iffy). The emissary with its instinctual can work well with her and make an expensive but reliable scheme running team.

I all just seems so costly for such an average payoff

• Like 1

The big selling points of the Scion for me are

1) that it can avoid damage by burying itself (excellent at bodyguard)

2) it has some great mobility, (excellent at entourage)

3) it can unbury things (saves me an upgrade on Tara)

4) and it has a CA can do 3 damage at 10".

I myself find the melee attack situational. I do quite like the Scion, though I find it compete a bit with Aionus for a spot in my Tara lists.

I think Scion wins the fight because he is affordable and you don't have to build around him like you do with Aionus.

I've used the scion alot and I really like him for Bodyguard, Entourage, Undercover Entourage and will always take him with those schemes (unless I see my opponent randomly has Aionus). I usually take him with Oathkeeper because you need to do focused attacks with him if you want to do damage and Oathkeeper allows me to burn it for focus then charge into something big that hasn't gone yet. I hit it for hopefully 4/7 damage and draw a card. Then they lose an AP attacking him (and he buries) or lose AP trying to move away...at this point you can use his attacks elsewhere.

I use his attacks for other models all the time just make sure you always focus then attack so your taking less health from him and maximizing the damage. This will also really catch opponents of guards when a summoned crooligan attacks with effective CA7 (-1 WP debuff) vs WP for 4/7 damage and draws you a card.

As for healing him, I think you always need to bring at least 1 void wretch to heal him mid-game. This can also double as a drop off point for himself as well for doing backfield schemes as the wretch can use his (0) to unbury him there.

Used the scion as my campaign starter during the beta.  Mainly to try and figure her out before throwing her into regular game play.  Was not as straightforward as a typical henchman, say like Alyce who can shoot and hit.  Scion's ranged attack only does damage if the model is already damaged, so sometimes I found the scion with not much to do but move around, unable to take a shot.  But when things were going right it was fun.  The crew gets to use her actions when she's buried.  Have a cheap wretch heal her up, then pop her up across the board after a incorporeal wretch has zapped through everything.  Scion's lower cost is also nice to save a couple stones.

I remember a librarian being in the crew.  One wretch to start with but I think I hired another after the second game.  They're so cheap.  Convict gunslingers just don't shine for me like librarians do.  Same cost, both can get off three shots, but you get the healing from the librarian plus armor plus stripping suits.