Albany, NY Area LGS Game

Lizzy Lovecraft

A small group of casual Malifaux players in the Capital District are starting up a weekly playtime at local game store on Thursday evenings after 5.

The last Thursday of the month will be a $5 buy-in tournament style game.  Winner gets a gift card of the total for use at the store.  We are also thinking about running a campaign the rest of the month.

So if you live in or around the Capital District Area near Albany, NY, and are interested, send me a post, I'll give you all the details.

• Like 1

There is a gaming group in Albany called The Shambling Horde, we were primarily a Warhammer club but Age of Sigmar has pushed us all away from that and into other games. There is a Forum on http://www.theshamblinghorde.com/ where we post looking for games in the area, we play at Grimfoe (now called Flipside) and Zombie Planet. Post up there as I know of at least 4-5 of us have Malifaux and are looking for more games and expanding the people we play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad that there was a couple bites to this post.  Dead Zone is an understatement around Upstate New York!

Unfortunately, the LGS didn't work out :(  However, We're up to 5 in my "little club", and if you live around Albany, NY, you are welcome to join us in our residential setting.  Of course, it will be a trial run (if you seem to be casing the place for valuables, you wont be back, for example).  But yeah, we are that needy for new opponents.

:D

On 12/14/2015 at 2:44 PM, Oneball said:

There is a gaming group in Albany called The Shambling Horde, we were primarily a Warhammer club but Age of Sigmar has pushed us all away from that and into other games. There is a Forum on http://www.theshamblinghorde.com/ where we post looking for games in the area, we play at Grimfoe (now called Flipside) and Zombie Planet. Post up there as I know of at least 4-5 of us have Malifaux and are looking for more games and expanding the people we play.

Still waiting for approval to join Shambling Horde, 2 months later...

I'd be down for some casual games; my erratic work schedule often doesn't match up with the locals here, and meeting new players is a great deal of the fun anyways.  We also don't really have any serious Ressur players at my store, and I'd like some practice against them for... reasons

I do look at people's bookshelves and art (etc.) but that's mostly to ascertain common interests for conversation as such items are generally prominently displayed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a moderator on that board, I am sorry that you have not been accepted and I will ask one of them to confirm your request. We have been playing around a bit between Zombie Planet and Flipside games (formerly Grimfoe games), I will be at Flipside on Sunday at noon playing a 50ss game. Feel free to email me corywalizer@gmail.com if you want to setup games. Again i apologize on behalf of the Horde.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archis said:

I'm from CT and played lots of games with the Shambling Horde guys.  While their admin might be slow, they are a great group.

On 2/26/2016 at 3:03 PM, Oneball said:

I am not a moderator on that board, I am sorry that you have not been accepted and I will ask one of them to confirm your request. We have been playing around a bit between Zombie Planet and Flipside games (formerly Grimfoe games), I will be at Flipside on Sunday at noon playing a 50ss game. Feel free to email me corywalizer@gmail.com if you want to setup games. Again i apologize on behalf of the Horde.

I'm in now.  Thanks guys.  Hope to throw my own shambling hordes at you all sometime soon. :D

• Like 1