Scenery storage question

Crooked Grin

Pretty much the same here. The fragile pieces I store on shelves in my big minis cabinet and the rest go into those storage bins with drawers. Transport is in big plastic container bins with bunches of plucked foam (saved over time in a giant trashbag) to help keep things protected.  I always pack them fairly loosely so that the flexing of the container during carrying/transport doesn't squeeze things into breaking.

I'm seriously considering ordering some raw foam and custom cutting some pieces for my more expensive/fragile things like 4ground buildings and the like.  Was talking with a guy at my shop who has a line on how to get a hold of that but I haven't got the details yet.  I'll update if/when I learn more ;)

I will say that I haven't found the plastcraft stuff to be very susceptible to breakage.  Superglue bonds so strongly with the stuff that it's pretty solid.  I haven't put together my pre-colored stuff to see if the hold is different on the colored surface or if the painting there is susceptible to scratching though.

Probably not as helpful as you would have liked; Sorry about that :)

• Like 1

Well storage atm consists of sticking on a shelf and praying the cat doesn't try to climb it =/ I haven't found a good solution. I have plans to actually make a kind of pull out drawer system, but that's all it is atm, plans. I haven't taken any of my terrain with me anywhere. I actually only take a mat, a blank one we draw on. It's really boring to play with though. I'm planning on buying some storage totes after Christmas and fiddling with variations of filler to see what works.

So yeah not real helfpul either - anyone who actually successfully stores/transports speak up now ;))

• Like 1