Jack Daw v. Ramos (Scheme Running)

JGregs

I am still REALLY new to Malifaux. I have the standard 'Guilty as Charged' set with 2 The Hanged. 

My brother is my main enemy. . . I mean opponent. . . and he is running a Ramos crew with an unrighteous number of spiders. I feel like any strategy or scheme that revolves around claiming mulitple scheme markers or taking interact actions he snowballs because of all the extra interact actions he gets. Daw's Guillotine Injustice curse doesn't affect constructs and I can't push all the spiders off of the objectives nor can I kill them fast enough to deny him scheme control.

What I have done in past games where I got close to winning was try to get Drowning Injustice on Ramos early on. This either forced him to burn cards, take damage, or waste AP (all help deny summoning) but this really over extends Jack and leaves him vulnerable to get charged by Howard Langston (which is never a good thing). 

While my brother is only playing Ramos I figured I will have similar problems when fighting other summoning focused masters. 

JGREGS

Yeah he just got Johan for the condition removal but luckily the curses JD throws around aren't technically conditions. People keep saying The Guilty are some of the best scheme runners in the game. Is this because of all their movement tricks and JD's ability to push them towards schemes? 

I see what you are doing JGregs!

I started out playing my brother as well. Keep the Hanged in the front and try and get them engaged as soon as possible. If you have to sacrifice, them do it. Totally worth the loss for the amount of pain they dish out. Also don't worry about the strategy and schemes they aren't all that important. Just focus on killing everything as quickly as possible and you'll be fine. 

Good Luck!

I see what you are doing JGregs!

I started out playing my brother as well. Keep the Hanged in the front and try and get them engaged as soon as possible. If you have to sacrifice, them do it. Totally worth the loss for the amount of pain they dish out. Also don't worry about the strategy and schemes they aren't all that important. Just focus on killing everything as quickly as possible and you'll be fine. 

Good Luck!

Go away SpiderGuy! You aren't welcome here with your summoning and your spider crap! Get lost! 

(this is my adversary trying to creep in)

Jack Daw can shred through a Ramos crew with a little luck. Firstly the guillotine injustice definitely works on constructs. A great target for it is those pesky spider swarms if he summons one; they are still minions. Secondly if you smack Ramos with drowning injustice he now has to decide if taking two points of damage on his master is worth summoning spiders. Howard Langston similarly gets shut down with firing squad injustice.

I really like Hannah with Jack Daw. She can copy the guilty's share guilt to torment herself, then benefit from both writhing torment, and the creeping terror. Five inches of no inbuilt suits on Mi, Sh, Ca actions emanating from a large base can really shut down certain enemies. In this case both Howard and Ramos for their decapitate trigger, and spider summoning respectively. Secondly with twist and turn Hannah can put out a third 2/4:blast/6 :blast:blast .

The guily make great scheme runners because they can hurt other scheme runners that try and tie them up, have that free push from writhing torment, as well as a (0) to push towards another tormented model. Also since tormented is a characteristic not a condition the share guilt's torment doesn't go away.

Edited by FacelessOne
Also forgot about the guilty.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I finally beat him. It only took 4 games and a ton of advice. Just wanted to say thank you all for the help

I still think that I need to find a way to counter his high mobility and the possiblity of having hordes of spider running schemes everywhere but I was able to win at least one. 

• Like 1