interacts in combat

izikial

Question

Hi, sry for asking so many questions latley, but I have had a lot of things come up recently,

can a modle drop a scheme marker while engaged if the actin is from another source.

I know that normaly when engaged you are unable to take interact actions, but I'm talking about when Lucius or scion of black blood gives you an interact action from an ability, can you carry it out?

3 answers to this question

That is correct, it is fine for other actions to drop Scheme markers even if you're engaged, and they can even drop scheme markers within 4" of other friendly scheme markers unlike with Interact actions. 

When Lucius uses What Lackeys Are For, he can place the scheme marker even when engaged and even if its within 4" of another friendly marker, as it does not specify that its an Interact action.

Note that if Lucius uses the Subterfuge trigger, the target is taking an Interact action so that must follow all the normal rules for Interact Action (model taking the action can't be engaged, can't drop the marker within 4" of another friendly marker).  He does also have Guild Intelligence to allow minions to take Interacts while engaged, though dropping schemes is still limited to being 4" away from other friendly scheme markers.

The engaged restriction applies to all actions called an Interact, no matter the source. So abilities / actions that let other models take interacts for example still wouldn't ignore the engaged restriction. Scheme markers that get put down from other sources, e.g. The Shadow Effigy's Remember the Mission would still work since they are not interacts.