Schemes & Stones Master Spotlight Lilith

Khyodee

Definitely a great cast!

I am curious what Greg would take out if he still ran two waldgeists. I wouldn't know how to play without them!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the episode.

After thinking about it for a bit I would probably drop Johan (with Retributions Eye) and the Mysterious Effigy. If I think I'm going to need it I'll put Retributions Eye on Mr Graves and play with 1 less stone in my cache. 

You're basically trading a lot of utility for some more durable models and the ability to deny a large part of the board. I would advise you to play without them for a little bit and experiment, especially if you find yourself in a bit of a rut

Greg

After a couple games with the Walds, I tried just taking your version straight up, though with 2 tots instead of the effigy (don't have the effigy yet). I gotta say, the list seems stronger and even more fun to play. Effigy is a pretty clear upgrade, from what I can tell. I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out in plastic.

And my opponent who faced the Walds version both games prior definitely thought the list got scarier with how you build it.

Also, I totally agree with dropping living blade, especially with Nekima in the list.

Thanks again!

I have played Lilith a couple of times recently (mostly a Dreamer player) and after listening to the podcast I realized just how powerful she can be. Nothing says "Deliver a Message" like dropping a waldgeist into base contact with an Illusionary Forest and within 4" of a master who thought they were out of range and LoS of shenanigans. Also the ability to every turn use the best six of your top 11 cards is absolutely insane. In one game recently, out of my top 11 cards my highest card was a 10, my opponent also had a crap hand but my deck was on fire after that. In the same game I got a Royal Flush of masks (including the red joker) and an Extra 13. That ability is so incredible if they can't kill your vomit worm and you don't need to spend your stones anywhere else.

And not related to Lilith but the point they make about focusing on 1 - 3 masters until you can stop worrying about your crews and actually get better at Malifaux itself is a great one. It has inspired me to stick to a few masters until I feel truly comfortable with them and now I can't imagine Lillith not being one of my mains.