Spinoff topic: Does Lucius crew suffer if he dies?

Carcosa

Lawyers are quite tough - if Lucius is dead.

Guild Guard with a Pistolero behind them are a great formation for holding territory so long as your opponent isn't going to punish you for clustering but will die immediately if you're up against any blasting master (takes about 2 ap, 3 from Sonnia) or Molly (1 ap and a high crew -> Student of Sinew, give it reactivate for a (0)).

After some consideration, my final answer to OP's question is this; the crew benefits if Lucius dies early, because if your opponent is focused on killing Lucius, they aren't killing the models that are actively fighting/scoring points. Lucius can set up a winning game in the first couple turns assuming his crew hasn't been nuked off the board. If he goes down in turn 3 it's likely that he just decided to go firm up an alibi somewhere else.

Funny you mention Molly, I have only faced her once, and it was a disaster.  I didn't really pt together how she worked until it was too late, and I got crushed.

I just had a tourney game where I accidently killed Lucius with the Daw's Curses that were on him.  That ruse (completely unintentional by me) saved him from spring the trap.   I'm going to assume he was fixing his alibi now..