References

Tzarcastic

Malifaux, even more so than most miniatures games, has a ton of little references to other characters and properties.  This thread is a place to list them, so people can catch ones they might otherwise have missed!

Sue: Everything about the Man In Black is some sort of shout out to Johnny Cash.

Stitched Together: The look and the gambling theme makes them Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Hans: He uses a rifle instead of a pistol, but he sure look a lot like Trigun's Vash The Stampede.

C. Hoffman: The bald, crippled, psychic Englishman with a brother who became a rampaging engine of destruction?  Surely he's not also allied with an Eastern European man of questionable morality who has electric powers!  Oh, he is?  Well, at least nobody would be so brazen as to name him Charles... dang.

Wong: His "Three Demon Bag" upgrade calls out to a line in Big Trouble in Little China.

Zoreida: Her "you remind me of the Babe" action makes voodoo dolls, because that's how David Bowie (a human commanding a horde of small, stupid goblins) begins Magic Dance, in which he also talks about the Power of Voodoo.

(I realize that some of these are alluded to on Pull My Finger, but going to every model's PMF entry is time consuming, so I still like having them all gathered here for quick perusal.)