Crazy Cat Raspy vs Sonnia

Cats Laughing

I'm not capable of writing a full battle report at this time, but for starters I finally played a Realfaux game for the first time this year (and possibly for the first time in nearly a year).

It was 50ss Squatter's Rights, Standard Deployment with the following Schemes:

ALitS

Assassinate

Protect Territory

Vendetta

Make Them Suffer

My list was a version of the Crazy Cat Lady Rasputina list (though I forgot my Hoarcats at home and needed to sub in some non-cat models):

Rasputina

-Armor of December

-Child of December

-Seize the Day

Wendigo

Myranda

-Imbued Energies

-Pack Leader

Sabertooth

-Imbued Energies

Sabertooth

-Imbued Energies

December Acolyte

Silent One

4 SS Cache

I took Vendetta (Myranda on Samael) and Assassinate as my schemes, both hidden, of course.

My Opponent took:

Sonnia

3 upgrades, not sure which

Samael Hopkins

2 upgrades, not sure which

6 Witchling Stalkers

7 SS Cache

We were playing on a ruined city themed board (Mordheim cardboard buildings) with some short firing lanes and lots of Hard Cover (we counted building corners, doorways, and ruined walls as hard cover).

Not able to do a blow by blow, but turn 1 involved a bunch of double walks forward, followed by Sonnia making the big mistake of walking forward twice into the open and taking a pot shot at the Acolyte, which did 3 wounds after the burning resolved in the upkeep phase.  Raspy threw December's Touch on a Sabertooth, turning it into an Ice Mirror, then tossed a focused December's Curse at a Witchling Stalker, but the cover bonus kept him alive.

Turn 2 I won initiative (as I did all game, thanks to Seize the Day), and the Acolyte focused and shot back at Sonnia, giving her slow and having the trigger to pull her 6" closer.  Slow Sonnia then killed the Acolyte and summoned a Witchling Stalker.  Unfortunately for Sonnia, this left her well within 14" of a Sabertooth and I had a pair of mid Masks in hand.  That Sabertooth discarded the upgrade for Fast, Leapt with his (0), then charged Sonnia in a way that put him in 1" of Samael as well.  My first attack did some damage, but also triggered Maul allowing a second free attack.  This free attack managed to get to a straight flip thanks to Three Heads so I cheated in the Red Joker in my hand, killing Sonnia, despite a soulstone spent on damage prevention.  This scored me 3 vp for Assassinate.  He lost his second charge attack, but fast allowed him a strike at Samael, doing a bit of damage. I think I mauled a second time as Samael dropped to 1-2 wounds.  In return, he killed that Sabertooth and put some damage on Myranda and the Silent One.  Myranda pushed up towards Samael, since he had already activated, but got tied up by a Witchling Stalker. My other Sabertooth and the Wendigo moved up their flank, to flip two squat markers, while the second Sabertooth leapt over towards Samael's flank.  Raspy spent this turn advancing 3 times via Armor of December, as no mirrors were available.

Turn 2 ended with me up 4-1 (Sonnia claimed a Make Them Suffer point on the Acolyte)

Turn 3 I won initiative again, but with Myranda engaged I needed to free her up to kill Samael.  I had another mid Mask in hand so the second Sabertooth discarded his upgrade for fast, Leapt towards Myranda and the Witchling Stalker, then charged the Witchling Stalker in a manner that got a second Witchling Stalker in melee as well.  As with the first Sabertooth, Three Heads resulted in lots of hits, damage, Maul triggers, and between the Charge and fast, both Witchling Stalkers died.  Unfortunately their explosions left Myranda on 1 or 2 wounds remaining.  This is where luck went straight down the tube for my opponent.  Samael discarded an ace to rapid fire at Myranda and managed to miss all 3 times.  Myranda then discarded her Imbued Energies upgrade for fast, Charged Samael and finished him off, scoring 3vp from Vendetta.  This put me on 7 vp, with a probable 8th VP from the Squat Markers.  My opponent could no longer score Make Them Suffer points and his Vendetta target (the Silent One) was hiding in my backfield, so he called the game in my favor at this point.

Not much I can say about this game, except that Saberteeth with Imbued Energies are gross.