Strongarm suit vs hard to kill

AnythingBut

Question

Ok so i think I have a decent grasp on the rules of the game but ran into a situation today that I wasn't sure about.

The trigger on the suits carrack states:

Pneumatic actuator - damage from this attack may not be reduced.

I know this stops a lot of defensive abilities: armour and the pesky riders armour like ability as these are all clearly "reductions"

Hard to kill - while this model has 2 or more Wd remaining when it suffers damage, it may not be reduced below 1 Wd.

So, if I hit a model with 3 wounds left for 4 damage with the trigger does it die? Does stopping on 1 wound count as damage "reduction" per say or is it something completely different?

Personally I'm inclined to say the hard to kill model doesn't die and stays on 1 one as there is no mention of actually reducing the damage but can see how only allowing me to do three damage instead if four is a reduction of sorts.

3 answers to this question

Already answered in the FAQ:

Q: Does the Hard to Kill Ability count as damage reduction? In other words, do Attacks and damage that ignore “damage reduction” prevent Hard to Kill?

A: No, Hard to Kill is not damage reduction. Attacks and damage which ignore damage reduction would not ignore Hard to Kill

Already answered in the FAQ:

Q: Does the Hard to Kill Ability count as damage reduction? In other words, do Attacks and damage that ignore “damage reduction” prevent Hard to Kill?

A: No, Hard to Kill is not damage reduction. Attacks and damage which ignore damage reduction would not ignore Hard to Kill

Must be the time of night, I had looked through the FAQ before posting but admittedly was skimming, must have missed it. Cheers!

Even without the FAQ you can look at the wording of the Abilities, Armour and some triggers are about reducing damage, Hard to Kill is about reducing the model's Wd stat. The trigger of the Strongarm is about reducing damage.