Question from a New Born Fatemaster

Voron97

Howdy ya'll!

A while a go, my RPG-group desided to start a TtB campaign. As a long time fan of Malifaux and the only one who ever GM'ed, it was my job to become the FATEMASTER!!! *insert lightning & thunder*

But right after character creation, I immediatly had a couple of questions:

1.       Will there be sheets for player/FM created construct-“pets” and undead-“pets”?

2.       Are “extra bits” only 25% of the original price when adding them to a Construct (seeing as the completed price isn’t)

3.       Do you must spend all Construct Points on a Construct? Or can you use them at a later date? And is there a way to adding more then the maximum Construct points later? (Can you build a construct and keep updating/improving it, or do you have to build a new one each time?)

4.       When adding a Genius Immuto to a weapon, can you say it only effects that type and no other? And does this lower the TN instead of increasing it? (using a sword that can only cut Spirits, stabbing through a living person without hurting them)

5.       If you add a Genius Immuto to Subsume Corpse, does that mean you can “eat” other things like beasts, spritis or living people? (same question to Raise Corpse, can you Raise Spirits or return buildings (location) to there original form for a couple of minutes?)

6. If you are both a Dabbler & a Gravedigger, and you hve acces to the Add Suit Immuto, can you add a Crows & Tomes to  spell, to lower the spells TN by 4, but without having to actually use those suits?

Hopefully you guys can answer me these questions... and any future ones I might have! =D

1) No pet sheets yet. For now you can get away with just using the first page of the Fated sheet unless you want to add extra special functions.

2) I think anything you build from scratch will be about 25% of the cost. So if you add a gun it is full cost unless you build the gun yourself.

3) I don't have my book on me, but I see no reason why you can't alter constructs later. I just don't know about adding more points off the top of my head (besides making them bigger).

4) When you add a Genus Immuto to a spell you can either "unleash" it, which allows it to target extra things (ie. Living-only spells can target undead with Undead Genus added), or "chain" it to restrict its targets (is. Elemental Bolt with a Construct Genus may only hit constructs). So I don't think you can make a metal sword harm spirits and only spirits, but you could use a soulstone to enchant an empty hilt or something to cast Elemental Strike with a Genus to make some sort of elemental lightsaber.

5) I've looked at that as well, but since it offers no resistance I don't think you want to allow it to target any sort of opponent. Dead (not undead) or scrap via Construct Genus seem good to me.

For raising dead other stuff, that's up to you. Similarly people like the idea of using Animate Construct with the Ice Element Immuto to make ice golems. There is no truly official rule for these applications, so as Fatemaster it's up to you to make the call.

6) Yes. Then get yourself a specialization talent for an easy -6 to your TN. You can even bump it to -8 if you're willing to gamble or cheat with your twist hand.

• 10 months later...