Trigger use and multiple Soulstone use

decay

Hello there,

My gaming group just started with Malifaux without ever playing a tabletop at all. After our first steps we had a bunch of questions, first ones are:

1. Could a Master or Henchman use more than 1 SS for duels? For example, could he buy 5 :ram for 5SS to get +5DMG with the Critical Damage trigger? Or use 5SS to get 5 :+fate ?

2. Are suits used up when required for a TN so they no longer are available for triggers? This was with Rasputinas December's Curse attack action: (Ca 7 :tome  / TN 11 :tome ...) and her trigger :tome :tome Surge. If I already used one :tome to reach the TN11 :tome  requirement, do I still need two more :tome  to use the trigger?

Hope you could help, as there will be more questions coming :unsure:

1. You can only use 1ss per use. So 1 SS for one  :ram or 1 SS for one  :+fate . You could use 1SS for a  :ram and 1SS for a  :+fate though.

2. No, it's the duel total that counts. So if you have a  :tome in your cast, you only need one more  :tome from a card or from a SS to get the trigger.

1.  No, you could spend one SS to give yourself :+fate  to the duel and another to add a suit but you can only ever spend one on each of these.

2.  No, you just need one additional :tome to surge as the other one is already built in to the Ca

Bah, Ninja'd by my Resser friend!  We're surprisingly spritely....

• Like 1

And helpful unlike some Guildies around here.. :P

I could try to find excuses (like being really busy with wedding preparations and such), but I'll refrain and just say that you ninja'd someone. Again. So don't pretend to be so high above me!

:D

I could try to find excuses (like being really busy with wedding preparations and such), but I'll refrain and just say that you ninja'd someone. Again. So don't pretend to be so high above me!

:D

Oh yeah! Well.. Um.. At least I ninja'd a dirty Rezzer! So yeah..