want to go to templecon

turtleclub13

So I have been playing malifaux off and on at a game store in maine since 1st ed. I have never traveled to a tournament larger then snowcon (6 people or so). But this year I want to check out the tournament scene but I have some rules questions first. What are the basics of gaining grounds that I need to know? And does everything have to be wyrd or are "proxies" allowed? And lastly, what are some of the more competitive resurretionist pieces and upgrades for the tournament scene for what purposes? Thanks for any help you guys can give me :)

Templecon would be a great tournament to play malifaux at. I know there will be 3-4 henchmen running demos and events. The gaining grinds tournament should have a pretty sizable number of players, and there are a few less competitive events being run.

The gaining grounds document can be downloaded from the wyrd downloads section, and would be very helpful. As for using proxies in the gaining ground tournament, contact Drool_bucket on these forums as he will be running that tournament.

I can't help too much with which models are really useful in the tournament setting, but McMourning, Nicodem, and Karai are the masters I have seen used most often in tournaments.

If you end up making it to templecon for malifaux I look forward to meeting you.