Guide to Running Demos?

Vioarr

Let me start by saying that even though I've had my models and rulebooks since first edition, I'm basically a new player, my meta is whfb &mtg, so I've never really had the chance to actually play.

that being said, I finally got some guys interested in doing some demo games this week, and was wondering what sort of recommendations anyone had before they took place?

any particular crews to use?

advice?

game setup?

talking points?

two of the guys that are interested have only ever played card games, and this will be their first tabletop, any recommendations there?

Thank you for your help, hopefully there'll be a few more interested players soon!

(in regards to the masters question, I specifically have Justice, Perdita, Sonnia, Rasputina, Seamus, Lilith, Pandora, Von Schill, Viks, and Mei Feng... advice on which of these to use would be great, though if people want to have a discussion about which masters/henchmen are best for demos, that's fine too)

At first, I would run a very small game, to get the duel mechanism and the card rules across. Perhaps play 3 Rail Workers against 3 Witchling Stalkers, on a small board and dish it out.

Then I would introduce Henchmen and thus Soulstones, as well as Strategies and Schemes. Starting simple, by adding the Judge and Kang, and playing something like Turf War, Line in the Sand and Take Prisoner. Perhaps add an upgrade.

Then play a full game, about 30 SS and with Masters. Don't use summoners for that, but you have no dedicated summoners in your list.

Don't add Perdita, Sonnia or Raspy to the mix as long as you're not sure you have the amount of terrain right and a firm graps on victory conditions. I hear they are quite frustrating to play against for beginners if those conditions aren't met.

• Like 1