Soulstone Miners

11th Thunder

Question

When unburying a Soulstone Miner it has to be not within 6" of the enemy deployment zone or an enemy model.

My initial reading of this was that I could not fulfill either of those conditions and must unbury so that the model was neither within 6" of the deployment zone or an enemy model.

Some reading of pull my finger seems to suggest that I chose one or the other, so I could be right next to an enemy model if it is not within 6" of the deployment zone or in the enemy deployment zone if it is not within 6" of an enemy.

I am aware that Pull my Finger is not always correct, but if I have been misreading the rule, then the model is much more powerful than I first thought.

So help me dudes and dudettes on the forums, was I right before or have I been underestimating the miner?

4 answers to this question

The Enemy Down Below: This model may begin the game buried. If it did, once per game at the end of any Turn, it may be unburied anywhere on the table at least 6" from an enemy model or enemy deployment zone.

The wording isn't exactly foolproof so you can twist and turn it to mean pretty much anything if you really want to. It would seem to me like the intent is that you are 6" away from both of those things.