Latigo list for a Fixed List Campaign

vinush

Hi guys, 

I'm taking the Ortegas in a 50SS fixed list campaign that is coming up and I'm after some advice on what to take in the crew.

I'm using the Ortegas because they're a crew I'm not overly familiar with and I don't want to totally noob-stomp the relatively new players who will be in the campaign, but I also want to be able to give a good game to the other more experienced player.

Obviously Perdita is in there, and I usually take trick shooting on her, but what else should she have?

Do I take the enslaved nephilim or some other generic totem (I have the malifaux child and student of conflict already, but would consider getting the governor's proxy)

Who is a must to go with the rest of the crew? I love the idea of Abuela and will be using a proxy for her if people think she is worth taking, and I have a load of the TtB males I can use as Pistolleros de Latigo.

All advice welcome.

TYIA

Vinush

Guild Crew - 50 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega -- 5 Pool

+Trick Shooting [2]

Enslaved Nephilim [3]

Francisco Ortega [8]

+Wade In [1]

Nino Ortega [7]

+Hair Trigger [1]

Papa Loco [7]

Santiago Ortega [7]

+Tormenta de Plomo [1]

Pistolero De Latigo [5]

Pistolero De Latigo [5]

The pistoleros could be guild hounds for more upgrades or larger SS cache if needed.

That is a fairly balanced list I tend to take but without knowing schems/strats it's hard to say.

I have to agree with MasterD, she's really not to friendly with noobs. That being said, this is what I take with her. 

Guild Crew - 50 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega -- 7 Pool
 +Aura Ancestral [1]
 +Trick Shooting [2]

Enslaved Nephilim [3]
Abuela Ortega [7]
 +Lead Lined Coat [2]
Francisco Ortega [8]
 +Diestro [3]
 +Wade In [1]
Nino Ortega [7]
 +Hair Trigger [1]
Pistolero De Latigo [5]
Pistolero De Latigo [5]

I like to drop Santiago and Papa in favor of Abuela and 2 Pistoleros, I feel like I get better activations out of them and Papa can be unpredictable against some crews. I usually run Abuela & the Pistoleros as a separate group, usually as objective grabbers, letting the Perdita/Francisco/Nino combo play prevent & destroy against my opponent. I once nearly tabled a Marcus crew by turn 2. Using Francisco(Diestro( & Nino in tandem to get Headshot off with regularity is detrimental to a ML heavy crew. The only crew I've had a hard time with, and I haven't played against them all, is Ophelia. I find that they're evenly matched and the first person to make a mistake usually takes the loss.

I like Rsteelrose's list....but I'd drop the LLC from Abuela, drop down to a 5ss pool....and take a Watcher. I'd really like that little scheme-running bugger in a fixed list format if you don't know what the strats/schemes will be.

I don't have a watcher or I might have considered it. I usually don't take LLC on Abuela, but I've been toying with it as she usually becomes a target pretty quick.

-----------------Edit

I forgot to mention that I also sometimes drop Aura Ancestral for Os Veo or neither, depending on what I think I going to be facing.