Killswitch & Decoy

Jordon

Now that we've had a while with our new wave 2 upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has gotten any experience using killswitch and if so then would you consider using it again and what crews do you recommend taking it with. 

I personally have not had the opportunity to use it yet. I find myself rarely having 3 enforcers/henchmen in a crew to utilize it correctly. The whole face down element of it seems difficult to pull off in many scenarios in my head.

One way I think it could work is by putting it on an ice golem along with imbued energies. This allows for a papa loco level of damage upon it's death as well as a nice 4 card draw for your trouble. It's expensive, but could be devastating in the right circumstances. 

I haven't played many games of Malifaux recently so I haven't had a chance to use it since the deck actually came out, but I did try several beta games with it on an Ice Golem and it does provide a very impressive explosion. Had one memorable game with Raspy against Sonnia where the Ice Golem blew up and triggered a chain reaction of several Witchlings effectively gutting the entire center of the board. Lucky for me it was mostly his models there.