Yan Lo crew----> Toshiro

Bumpasses

I think for marker placement or interact based schemes Toshiro is the king of the Ancestors. By giving a Komainu Fast from War Fan  and triggering the Lethal Lunacy trigger he can give Fast, 4" push which then gives the Komainu 3AP to run and interact by dropping a marker OR it can use it's push and AP to position itself, then it can use (0) Spirit Scent for another 3" placement and interact to give Cursed Object / Deliver a Message. War Fan also helps other minions perform movement heavy schemes. Toshiro really is pro when it comes to making minions more effective at scheme running. I suspect he will make Tengu really good at running schemes although I've yet to use them. 

• Like 1

Even in a Yan Lo list, if there's no minions, does Toshiro add anything that Kang, Sidir, Fuhatsu or even someone like Lazarus adds to the crew?

Not really, he's a fairly decent beater and quite tough but that's not what he's designed to do. Fuhatsu is obviously a ranged murder machine, Sidir is a bodyguard type who can also beat fact and Kang just likes smacking people with his shovel and stomping construct/undead crews, Ototo is a melee beatstick, Yamaziko sucks big time and Sensei Yu is the tits! If you want a solid henchman who beats face and takes the hits then there are better than Toshiro. If you have a nunch of minions and want to make them utterly crazy, Toshiro is your man. 

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I run Toshiro, (with Yan Lo and friends) there are plenty of corpse markers lying around to summon Ashi if I like.

I have been taking 2 Ashi with him, but am going to dump them nekst game for The Lone Swordsman rides again

and givie the Loner and Izamu Recalled Training upgrade..that should create plenty o corpse markers to rez some stuff up.

Love his fan on Thunder Archer, that double focus is brutal.

Love me some Yan Lo...

ummm I just realized I love an old undead guy.

-GB

• 9 months later...

This is probably what I am going to try next as well, Yan Lo with Toshiro but without Ashigaru from the get-go (but still probably with Komainu since I need to test them some more). Correction on the archers: They get the focus bonus the first time they -take the focus action- this turn, so the granted focus does not magically increase by 1.

This is true. That being said, the archers tend to do just fine walking, focusing, then using the upgrade on a friendly ancestor. Makes a good second upgrade for him.

Amen. Toshiro is a great unit commander with Ashigarus chargind and then braced and archers from behind cover, laying down the blasts or picking off single softened targets.