Teddys "Peekaboo" and Kirais "Malevolence"

Mr Janje

Question

A Little unsure on the timing of this one guys and the rulebook confuses me even more!

If Teddy hits Kirai and Damages her, what takes happens first?

Teddys Peekaboo trigger to push her 4" away and then Push into Base?

OR

Kirais Malevolence Ability to summon The Grudge into Base to Base contact with Teddy?

The Rulebook says that Attacking models abilities happen first, but as mine is a trigger does that count as an ability?

Sorry if this is clear cut in the Rulebook!

I'm still wondering: are there any examples of rules that wouldn't work at all given my timings?

The real problem is that even if we can't prove your timings are wrong, it doesn't prove that they are right. It's possible to construct other similiar tables that would fit the rules just as well but work slightly differently. I really hope we could get FAQ on all this timey wimey stuff.

If Malvoence said when suffering damage this would not be a debate. It would happen during step 5 and all is well. Just like black blood happens before any after damaging/succeeding/resolving triggers. But since it is an after damaging trigger.

See if I can show this in a different light.

I have to damage you to have my trigger go off.

You have to suffer damage for my after damaging trigger to work.

So After you suffer damage (step 5 is when you suffered it ) my after damaging trigger happens first. Page 46 call out box triggers first then abilities. Which then I resolve. (Ie peekaboo)

So after my after damaging trigger your after suffering damage ability is then done and resolved.

I guess I want to say as soon as you suffer damage. My trigger takes precedence over your abilities.

And yes I understand how blockyNess makes your head hurt. Look at a guild Austringers distract trigger.

Technically you flip and apply damage then you go back and not take damage After you already flipped cards.

Which in play people just go I declare distract discard 2 cards and don't flip. Which is much easier.

This is correct.

• Like 2