Western metal or plastic bits for Malifaux conversions

NIGHTHATER

Ha there all I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find nice looking metal or plastic bits for me to modify my figures. I'm really looking for some nice hands with 6 shooters/revolvers in them. Wouldn't mind some shotguns, winchester rifles, buck knives, tomaks, you know really hardcore Cowboys and Indians stuff to enhance my models. I will be using them to modify the look of some of my 1.5 models.

Anyone got a good place to start.

Thank you,

Nighthater

They aren't, Reaper is small 28mm scale where as Malifaux is 32mm scale. Though that 4mm may seem insignificant at scale your talking about nearly a foot difference.

I have tried to use the Reaper Hats in particular and found them noticeably smaller. If you are decent at sculpting it can be remedied with green stuff but if you are looking for a right out of the blister solution you might find them wanting. The weapons and equipment are much less noticeable.

• Like 1

They aren't, Reaper is small 28mm scale where as Malifaux is 32mm scale. Though that 4mm may seem insignificant at scale your talking about nearly a foot difference.

I have tried to use the Reaper Hats in particular and found them noticeably smaller. If you are decent at sculpting it can be remedied with green stuff but if you are looking for a right out of the blister solution you might find them wanting. The weapons and equipment are much less noticeable.

Ya I was worried about that as well. It all most doesn't even matter since I can't find anything else to use and I need thoses six shooters. On a side note I can't sculpt at all, not even a little :( . What other options are there really?

Nighthater

I have this set at home, I can take some comparison pictures for you if you like. I find that Reaper minis, especially the Savage Worlds line is more 32mm than 28mm. The Malifaux scale is honestly all over the place and depending on what model you are planning to use, these should work fine. Even if they are a bit small, that may be more true to life than the large chunky weapons most heroic scale models have. What base model are you planing on using? I may have it and can put it side by side for you.

• Like 1

XgixjokerX,

Sweet so I can take all the credit for the idea if it works without any of the risk if it doesn't....Just Kidding. In all seriousness if your going to try it (and it's fully up to you) please post the results afterward. Thoses 6 shooters look so much better then thoses other pistols. It reminds me of my steampunk joke I say.

Oh were doing steampunk ok everyone take off their clothes and put on clothes that look stupid.

Now everyone turn in their guns for these guns that look stupid.

Ok now draw stupid looking stuff from this box and attach it to yourselves and your gear.

Yep were steampunk now.

Nighthater

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm pretty happy how it came out. The hand thing is just me nit-picking. If you order from Reaper's webstore you can get just the traditional guns without all the other stuff for $2.16 so that's not too bad. It comes with a Winchester and a sawed-off as well. Shipping is a bit of an issue then, but if you can find someone to go in on it with you, I think shipping is free on orders over $35.

• Like 1