Unboxing Ophelia LaCroixs 'The Kin' Starter Set

GMort

• 2 weeks later...

Rami was a pain in the butt.  However, I don't understand the scale complaints.  The new Kin scale perfectly with the Somer Box, and they look like a similar faction.  If anything, I think the old models were sized poorly.  Too short and squat. 

I do not, however, know how they scale with other factions as I haven't really looked.  But compared to the new Bayou Gremlins, they are about the appropriate size.

~J Rzasa

• 2 weeks later...

The new gremlin aesthetic is what made me at all interested in playing them. The size issue seems to be plaguing almost all factions.

Agreed.

And i never thought i would like the Miniatures from Malifaux, but that was until I saw the new plastics.

Maybe it pesters some players who had dozens of the old metal miniatures, but i find it more attractive like this. And I just finished a box of the Kin and Slop haulers this week, and have not had any trouble trimming, glueing the tiniest pieces, and even drillling pins through the legs of some of the figures to attach them to bits of cork to make fake rocks. 

Overall good.

• Like 1