How do I McTavish or Ama No Zako

There are three Oni models currently.

Tengu, a Ten Thunders minion.

Kamaitachi, a TT totem that any TT master can take.

Ama no Zako, a dual faction TT/Outcast henchman. She also has the merc rule, meaning that the other 5 factions can also take her by paying 1 extra SS.

If you want to field multiple oni, TT is the faction to choose. There are however no oni masters at this time, so you will need to choose between Lucas McCabe, Yan Lo, Jacob Lynch, Mei Feng, Misaki, The Brewmaster, and Shenlong to lead your force. Henchman cannot lead in 50 SS games, which is the standard point value.

Conversely, you can field Ama no Zako or McTavish in smaller games (up to 40ss), as they are both Henchmen. Ama no Zako can be fielded as a 10T leader if you want to use a bunch of Oni (none of which besides her have seen release yet though). Note that Oni have no support as a characterstic, so there is little synergy for them just now.

McTavish is a Gremlin-faction Henchman and seems to be best fielded alongside Swampfiends. He has his own upgrade (which I forget if it is any bit synergistic with Swampfiends) which he can use for himself. I suggest Bayou Gators, Wild Boars, or similar Swampfiend models.

Now, if you want a Master to tie the two together... I suggest Jack Daw, fielding Ama as Outcasts and thus only costing 9, McT (costing 11 because of the merc tax), Papa Loco (to field alongside McT), Jaakune Ubume (for similar shenanigans to Ama) 2-3 Drowned (depending on use of Jaakuna or not), Writhing Torment on Jack, and perhaps Twist and Turn as well, so Jack can copy some of the elite moves your other models have (also be sure to give Jack all three Cursed upgrades as well). If you have stones leftover, maybe put one towards the upgrade which allows friendly models' pulses and auras to extend an inch, and put it on Papa Loco or Jaakuna if applicable.

Note that all-comers lists do not exist reliably in Malifaux. But I have seen Jack used to a great effect with Jaakuna + Drowned (my own experience), and have heard good things about McTavish + Papa Loco, and more good things about Ama no Zako. Ama, by the by, is a bit tricky to use as a beginner. If you do go this route, I suggest trying out Montresor first (with the pulse/aura increase upgrade on him, for good measure).

Good luck~!

~Lil Kalki