M2E Dreamer box

Soseito

A few days ago I got the Dreamer box from Gencon along with the Miss Ery teddy model. I have no experience running the dreamer and would like to run a summoning based crew. I was thinking about using the Dreamer, coppelius, three daydreams and the teddy as the core. Where should I go from here? I was thinking of the widow due to the web markers and the ability to poop out a teddy.

I'd pick up a couple of Stitched Together and some Insidious Madness(es?). The former and great summons for damage and card control and the latter are great objective runners. I also like to keep the Twins (Lelu and Lilitu) to hand for summons in case I get a really good hand at some point in the game as the two of them can be a game changer due to their great healing potential.

If you want to be able to summon in Teddy it is much easier to do so with Mr. Tannen giving the dreamer "Leave it to Luck" and allowing him to summon a Teddy on a 13 :mask  or the Red Joker.  It is just too hard to get the scrap counters together for the widow weaver, she should be busy laying webs and being a pain in the ass and for 6 points Mr. Tannen tends to do a lot more than the Handbag upgrade will do for 2ss, with the chance of summoning a Teddy there and Leave it to Luck actually skews the Dreamers whole summoning pool and makes it much easier to get the twins out or summon Copellius. 

For summons I say Stitched Together and the Twins are the things you want to get first, but Insidious Madness are really good for objective running as they are so fast.  Make sure to read how the Twins healing and condition sharing works because you can summon both twins on the first turn and have them both be at nearly full wounds by the time they are done activating (I think Lilitu ends up at full and Lelu ends up at -1?)

Also personally I would never hire Coppellius without giving him the On Dreaming Wings upgrade because you could just summon him in if you didnt want to give him the upgrade and I dont think it is worth paying his huge hiring cost for him considering how fragile he can be without eyes and how it takes him a while to get going.  With the wings he goes from being fast to being ridiculously fast and as many people will tell you one of the best (if expensive) objective runners there is. 

Thanks for the advice so far.

So far my core would be a summoning dreamer(tantrum, otherworldly, dreams of pain), three daydreams, coppeli(on dreaming wings), and Mr. tannen.

This leaves me with 19 stones left.are there any other core models I should hire or can everything else be summoned as needed?

I'm also trying to figure out if I should go with two tots or two madness for runners.

Tots require you to hire them in but in an objectigve running game this is perfectly fine.   I would personally prefer summoning the madness but it is up to you, you can always hire tots(or a silurid) and then summon madness on top. 

Stitched together are definitely amazing models and are as core as it gets for the dreamer.  They are what you will summon when you don't have high cards to cheat but want something that does damage and is hard to kill instead of just being fast(like the madness). 

Widow Weaver is still amazing I just don't reccomend upgrading her (unless she gets dreaming wings instead of coppelius if you dont take him and dont give it to a hired teddy).  Doppelganger is also a great model in general and can work really well with her upgrade Useless Duplications which makes her much harder to kill if you play her right.  Honestly I usually hire a Teddy in addition to the ones I try to summon but that is just me.  There is a lot you can do with summoning Dreamers' initial hired crew the main thing to keep in mind is what you need for the scheme/strategy/opponent at hand.  For instance against a lot of low Wp like gremlins the widow weaver can do a ton of work or if you are playing something like Turf War where your opponent needs to focus on a specific area and you can drown that area in web markers.

I have heard some people say they like to hire in Lilitu and then summon Lelu but I dont know if this makes sense considering if you bring them both in damaged they will heal more. 

Really with the dreamer especially the summoning version you should play some games and then you will have some idea what you want to hire in his main crew.  A lot of the time it can feel like a waste because he can fairly easily summon most of the stuff you would want to hire, so it becomes more about a few models you can't summon like the widow weaver, doppelganger, a silurid, tots, and then the rest of the list is full of things you could summon anyway but you wanted them to have an upgrade or you wanted to start with them on the board already so you can just summon even more of them. 

It is hard to give listbuilding advice in this game because as a lot of people will tell you it isnt really a game where you can build lists.  But if you get everything you can summon and what has been mentioned you will already have a large model pool to draw from and the other non-nightmares you can probably figure out as you go. 

The madness and the twins for sure, Mr T is a style choice but I think his +2 on masks is worth it for summoning anything not just Teddy, and he has some other great abilities like Chatty. 

Widow Weavers are still great as well, consider this as an alternate to the doppelganger maybe as I think Widow Weaver is a bit more of a staple in Dreamer crews due to the ability to surround an enemy with Daydreams for negative 1-3 Wp from Disturbing Whispers and cover them with web markers at the same time before using the Widow Weaver or Tantrum to take advantage of the low Wp. 

Doppelganger is just good whatever master you play her with if you do it right.  Her ability to not have shots randomized to her and to cause them to randomize to people near her when engaged because of Useless Duplications can make her very difficult to remove if you play her right.  +Twist to initiative flips, the ability to copy Teddys' (or something elses')  attack, the list goes on. 

But yeah if you get madness and twins you will be pretty much set everything else after that is personal preference or scheme/strat dependant with dreamer.