Marcus Alpha healing?

Lancer

Question

I just wanted to know if Marcus has regeneration does he heal an extra time from alpha?

It says "This activation does not count as the target’s activation this turn, but does count as a second activation in a row for Marcus’s Crew."

"Regeneration +1: When this model Activates it heals 1 damage."

5 answers to this question

I copied these line straight from the pdf file. 

Didn't change their spelling error, their being Wyrd.

It just the wording makes it sound like it counts as a second activation, even though he gives all his AP to the target.

So does this mean if you Alpha someone with regeneration he would heal?

Different models have different things that happen at the beginning of their activation. Marcus (with the upgrade) heals 1 at the beginning of his. If he somehow gained Reactivate, he'd do it at the beginning of each activation.

He gives reactivate to another model. That model activates an additional time. That means that model does everything that it would normally do at the beginning of its activation (including generating AP, healing if applicable, Poison damage if too near Sebastian/McM, take a damage and draw a card if Sue... the list goes on).

Marcus does none of these things, since it is not that start of his activation. He doesn't give any AP to the target. He spends 2 AP for the spell, and if successful, the other model gets a whole new activation, which does not count as its allotment for the turn, that Marcus's owner controls.

I copied these line straight from the pdf file. 

Didn't change their spelling error, their being Wyrd.

It just the wording makes it sound like it counts as a second activation, even though he gives all his AP to the target.

So does this mean if you Alpha someone with regeneration he would heal?

I would suggest looking at the actual card and not beta documents. The wording has been cleaned up a bit, specifically saying "chain activation" instead of "second activation". In any case, even the beta document says it's an activation for the crew, not for Marcus, which is an important part as you can at most take two activations in a row unless your opponent has run out of activations.