Paralyzed Condition Confirmation

jonahmaul

Question

Hi guys, I think that myself and friends have been playing Paralysed incorrectly, particularly yesterday in a Resser v NB game where there was lots of Paralysed being thrown about.  I've just been reading some Resser threads here on the forums to get some ideas and read something about Paralysed and Nurses which makes me think we've misunderstood the rules.  I'd like to check that I now have the rules correct in my head:

- if a model becomes Paralysed during it's activation (because it fails a Horror duel for example) then it's action fails and it loses any other actions.  However, they lose the paralysed condition at the end of their activation

- if a model becomes Paralysed during a turn but it has not yet activated then once it activates it loses the Paralysed condition and is good to go next turn

- if a model has already activated during a turn but gains the Paralysed condition after it's activation then the condition carries over to the next turn and they can do nothing but lose Paralysed once they have activated.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Seems to be correct. All of your points (apart from actions failing) are directly addressed in the big rulebook on page 52.

In addition to those rules, all :melee attacks of a model with Paralyzed are considered range 0, meaning it can't engage others.

Edit: ninja'd

Why is actions failing not correct?  The small rulebook (p. 62) says 'if a model gains the Paralysed condition during it's Activation it loses all of its AP, may not take any more actions, and ends its current action with no further effect'.  Surely this means that if you declare an attack action for example then take a Horror (or other check) that causes you to become Paralysed the action fails right?

You're absolutely correct, I'm sorry for not being more clear on this.

I never meant it wasn't correct, I just meant that the rules don't directly say that an action fails if the acting model gets paralyzed. It is fairly obvious that it does fail, though.