Hello from bedfordshire

SteenkinBadger

Hi. Welcome to a growing Malifaux community in the area. I'm your local henchman, based in Olney, and can help out with demo's, intro games, crew choice and general advice.

I'm running a demo evening in Rushden on 12th August if that helps (see separate post in Events).

Hello!

Are you DB (names anonymised to protect the innocent)?

A few of us (5 at the latest count I think) from Bedford Weird Boyz have started playing in the last week or so and we're all enjoying it very much. I'll let the chaps know about the Rushden thing, although personally I can't do stuff Tuesdays unfortunately.

In terms of other advice, any ideas when the M2E version of Lucius the demonic lawyer will be released? I've got my eye on him as my second master :-)

In terms of other advice, any ideas when the M2E version of Lucius the demonic lawyer will be released? I've got my eye on him as my second master :-)

He'll be available during GenCon next week (you can order online from the Wyrd store), if you check the new issue of Wyrd chronicles you can see all the crew boxes available.

Hello!

Are you DB (names anonymised to protect the innocent)?

A few of us (5 at the latest count I think) from Bedford Weird Boyz have started playing in the last week or so and we're all enjoying it very much. I'll let the chaps know about the Rushden thing, although personally I can't do stuff Tuesdays unfortunately.

Yes, I'm David

He'll be available during GenCon next week (you can order online from the Wyrd store), if you check the new issue of Wyrd chronicles you can see all the crew boxes available.

That's amazing, thanks.

I'm really amazed at the increase in local interest - be interesting to see whther the Northampton or Bedford gamers get the upper hand!

Next local tournament is Cow Wars on 23rd August in MK, and it will be newbie friendly.

We're just coming off about a year of full-on warmahordes gaming and looking for something a bit more narrative and fun and a bit less hypercompetetive. Taking a break from something that, for me at least, was starting to feel like work. Malifaux seems to fit the bill nicely.

Do you ever come down to Weird Boyz, or are Fridays just totally off the cards?

Hi STEENKINBADGER,

Welcome to Malifaux, glad to hear that you are enjoying it! I'm a local player based in Northampton, though I play in Rushden most regularly. I work down the M1 so can pop in for games when time permits.

As CLOUSSEAU mentioned the torni scene tends to be laid back in the UK and we often have story event days (one up in Coalville next month if you are interested). But if you have the time I would recommend coming along to one of the events.

Great to have more local players.
  • Like 1