Destruction Derby - Hardcore Henchmen Sat 29th Nov

Malal

Hi folks. Myself and Station (Stephen Fey) have to decided to try and put on a tournament. We're going for something a little different to the Gaining Grounds standard so are doing a 1 day, 5 round, Henchman led fixed pool tournament at the Royal British Legion in Allenton, Derby.

Here's the rules pack: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rIFg4eOLswfPTnAEmLPkcB2FHMiazj8PqeFnNwm10dc/edit?usp=sharing

As I said, we're trying something different, let us know what you think of the format (even if you're not definitely coming). Ideally we'd like the tournament to be ranked as although the game is most balanced at 50 SS we feel that our format should still qualify, plus with 5 rounds we can have an overall winner without having to resort to VP diff.

We need a minimum of 8 players for this to go ahead and we have a maximum cap of 32 so we can have a clear winner of the event.

Tickets will be £15, which will include lunch on the day (currently looking to be chicken curry + chips, please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements), we're also trying to negotiate bacon butties on arrival, payable as a gift by paypal to rob.smith1980@hotmail.com

So please shout up if you're interested or have any questions...or even better if you've paid and are definitely coming!

It's looking like this might be the last tournament of the year (so far) and Santa's already been filling the prize fund  ;)

Interested:

Entrants:

1. Will Lambert

2. John Donaldson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just checked and I now have the Saturday off! 

Not a 100% sure I'll make it at the min though as I'm pretty booked up with tournaments over the next 3 months.

That said, it's close and you guys are alright I guess, will be fun for sure  ;)

Squig above is John who came with us to Derby Wargames when we invaded ;)

EDITED: to remove henchman negativity

• Like 1

EDITED: to remove henchman negativity

Stick it back in. We've gone henchmen led and smaller games so we can have enough rounds for a clear winner (rather than someone winning all 3 rounds in a tournament and not even podiuming) but want to hear peoples opinions on the format.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you explain the bit about 0 Stone Henchmen hired into the Pool? I feel I'm missing something as none of them can be hired as such anyway beyond the restrictions on their cards, can they?

I If you declared 10T for the day and had Huggy and Kang in your pool, Kang would cost his usual 9SS and Huggy would cost 8SS (13 minus his cache of 5).

Then you would have 2 options for henchmen to lead your crews each round and if Huggy leads, you could hire Kang as normal

• 4 weeks later...

Is this still happening as I would attend if so

Sorry, having to call this one off due to lack of interest (only one ticket sold). 

Got to have a word with my club as they may still use the day as a free play session, if so, I'm sure there will be a few Malifaux players down

• Like 1