Making pictures for different screen resolutions?

Ikvar

I send my picture to wyrd yesterday for the competition, but after seeing the picture again on a lower resolution on one of my older monitors, I am suddenly in doubt if I should ask wyrd to change the seize of the image and make it a bit smaller. 

The monitor where I made the original picture is in 1920x1080, and the screen resolution on my other monitor is 1600x900. 

When I watched the picture on my older monitor, the picture looked way to big and the overall quality of the picture just looked far worse.

I am very new to taking pictures of my figures, so I have no idea how you would normally do this?

It's not up to your monitors.

You have to change the picture resolution down to 72 dpi and width to 800 pixel (this are the contest-requirements) via a programm like photoshop or gimp.

Even windows "paint" could do this job. On Mac the Picture-Viewer has also some options I think. ... somehting like "change size"

Wyrd will not convert your picture to the right size. ..."If you send a photograph that doesn't fall within the limits prescribed above, we will ask that you fix this as otherwise your entry will not be accepted."

Some tutorial searching with google and the problem is solved. ;)

P.S. I could easily do this for you in a minute, but I don't know if this would be against the contest-rules. :-/