New Rasputina Player....

Moondog

Well I have been playing Perdita for a while now so I started playing a Rasputina crew.

I read up on the pullmyfinger tactics site and the posts on this forum and though I was set. I was soundly thrashed for my first three games (although one game was Archanist Vs. Archanists which doesn't reallllyy count! All was not lost though as I managed to pull off a feat which amused me.... my Wendigo swallowed a paralyzed Howard Langston (sword legs and all!) in one big gulp with devour :) He then proceeded to gulp his way through several spiders before being taken down in by spider swarms and an angry Ramos.

My problem was as soon as my Frozen Heart models became engaged it all started to go wrong.... they were all taken out easily and I started to lose the ability of ice mirror.  I was using the following.... http://wyrd-games.net/community/page/malifaux_2e_crew.html?ss=50&f=3&l=62,58,61,63&t=71&m=80x1|80x1|84x1|84x1|84x1|79x1,64

I hope you don't mean that your Wendigo devoured the spiders as that only works on living models.

Oooh I'll have to watch that... think I killed them using Maw, but I'll be honest there is a good possibility I missed the "target living" part.. :s I think to be honest as a group of new players we probably have made a fair few mistakes...

If the enemy engages an Ice Gamin, fire Dec Curse into the melee....if you hit the enemy, fine.....if you hit the Gamin, fine...cheat down the defense to get blasts...if the Gamin dies, he blows up for more damage and opens up the opponent for straight shots of Dec Curse.

If the engaged Frozen heart model is in base to base with the engaging model you can use Freeze Over to paralyse it regardless of who you hit (unless its the leader). And once paralysed it loses it's engagement range and you can use Ice Mirror again.

I noticed two most prominent aspects of the Frozen Heart crew through my experience.

1) Snow Storm is the most valuable model you will take (except MAYBE Tina). It single-handedly turns Tina's crew into super slow, into moderately fast; while also making it so Tina shouldn't ever have to take a walk action. There's many other benefits of the Storm, but that is the biggest one.

2) Support Tina is sometimes best Tina. Sure spaming six December's Curses with full SS and a Essence of Power is cool and all, but sometimes you gotta let everything else do the work (You write your list after scheme/strat is chosen for a reason). With dual Ice Pillars (with Wendigo) and the armor buff, you can just sit back, and let the Golems do the work.