Travel to Events (UK)

Statfather

Morning all,

I've been looking through the events listed in the UK trying to decide where to book myself in for.

Out of interest really are there many gamers out there that rely on public transport?

I'm based in Derby so I'm probably looking at trains for most of my tournament travel which really causes trouble for Sunday events (mainly meeting the registration/first round start time).

Any tips or tricks from those that do it? Or better approaches to event attendance?

Thanks

Bennett

There is always the option of traveling where ever you are going on the Saturday, but that does rather increase the cost of going to an event. Another option might be to ask and see if anyone would be traveling in the same direction and could give you a lift?

Morning all,

I've been looking through the events listed in the UK trying to decide where to book myself in for.

Out of interest really are there many gamers out there that rely on public transport?

I'm based in Derby so I'm probably looking at trains for most of my tournament travel which really causes trouble for Sunday events (mainly meeting the registration/first round start time).

Any tips or tricks from those that do it? Or better approaches to event attendance?

Thanks

Bennett

Yep, the best way is to find those in the local area who also play (Twitter is ideal) and split lifts with them.  There's a few tournament regulars in Derby on the forums (Malal and Pierowmaniac for example).

Yeah I've got no problem giving you a lift when I'm traveling to tourneys.

Rob (Malal) doesn't drive but he gets to tournaments much more regular than myself, so might be best to drop him a twitter DM to see how he goes about things ..... and to arrange a game sometime ;)